Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 7383888990919293

Thread: Martial arts discussion thread

I haven't trained in months because the class schedule didn't align with mine, but this year it does and tonight was meant to be the first lesson of the year... but it's been postponed by a fortnight because the instructor's just returned from China and he's staying home for two weeks in quarantine even though he wasn't anywhere near Wuhan. He was in Cangzhou, which is the equivalent distance of Sydney from the Sunshine Coast.

A reasonable precaution.
    Yesterday morning defence put out a notification to all staff. If you're returning from wuhan or a surrounding province, stay home for 14 days. By mid afternoon it was revised to returning from China.
    There aren't enough facts known about this yet. How easily it spreads, how severe it can be, or how quickly a carrier shows symptoms. I think your instructor is being very mature in his approach.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    A reasonable precaution.
    Yesterday morning defence put out a notification to all staff. If you're returning from wuhan or a surrounding province, stay home for 14 days. By mid afternoon it was revised to returning from China.
    There aren't enough facts known about this yet. How easily it spreads, how severe it can be, or how quickly a carrier shows symptoms. I think your instructor is being very mature in his approach.
    Agreed. The disease has spread to other parts of China and just because it may not be documented specifically in Cangzhou yet doesn't mean the instructor should be careless.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    A reasonable precaution.
    Very sensible indeed. My father is off to Hong Kong and Thailand for business this week. Once he gets back he is going to stay away from us for 14 days just to be safe. The travel warnings are not intended to discriminate against Chinese, it is meant to apply to anyone who goes there. As UM points out, there is just not enough known so better to be safe than sorry.

This is my current backyard set up for training in isolation.

The focus pads obviously represent heads, the shield and blue guard are bodies and the red guard represent legs. I've used a bungee strap to secure the shield, and a belt hangs loosely representing an arm for grappling/hooking practice. The white gloves represent "Enemy Scrotum" and the high vis tactile yellow tape on the ground marks the centre line. My somewhat limited lawn area beyond the porch is where I do form practice, but the porch is now where I'm practising striking techniques. There is also a shovel attached to the shield with duct tape with the spade end buried in a bucket of sand to help secure/stabilise the shield (especially when it's taking hits).