Ahahaha, aw man, I just saw those vids.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
Thats what I can't believe. Dillman is 8th Dan so he must have some skills. He really doesn't need to resort to this BS.
I've never heard of this guy until now, but I wonder what the authenticity/lineage of his style/training is. After a brief online search it appears that he claims that he trained under Seiyu Oyata, but neither Oyata nor his associates have ever endorsed or sanctioned Dillman's Ryukyu Kempo. There appears to be a lack of evidence that Dillman ever received authentic training... especially when the Ryukyuan head branch flatly deny it.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
BTW I'm not disputing the pressure point stuff because we do some pressure point work and I love it. So simple yet effective. It's the no touch knock outs that I think is rubbbish.
I agree. Pressure points still require tactile contact too! For anyone who doubts the existence of pressure points, there's a very simply pressure point attack that is commonly used even in schoolyard and street brawls, or even accidentally in sports... and many of us have may have experienced it -- getting winded. I remember my Chen Tai Chi teacher demonstrating it once... all you need to do is fight the right point in the solar plexus, and push it. He did this with his thumb, and the person he demonstrated it down dropped down gasping for breath. The force applied to that point causes the diaphragm to spasm, which of course makes it difficulty to breathe. Now of course, in a real fight it's jolly hard to hit a pressure point with accuracy... so it's best just to aim at that general area with a large surface area, like your fist (instead of a finger tip). For instance, if you punch someone in the solar plexus, there's a fair chance that some part of your fist will impact on the exact pressure point that causes the diaphragm to spasm and wind the opponent. But yeah, whether you're using finger tips or fists... either way you do need to touch someone to activate a pressure point! I remain an unbeliever in the idea of projecting invisible energy through the air at people. Unless you have extremely powerful farts (especially if they're silent but violent )

It was funny watching those guys make excuses for why their techniques didn't work on skeptics. In comparison, I find a kick to the nards has a much higher chance of success considering:
+ It still works regardless of the opponent's tongue or toe positions!
+ 40% of the population are not susceptible to no-contact? (that's a lot btw) 100% of the male population are susceptible to being smashed in the groin!
+ Natural athletes are the toughest? So you'd better hope that if you get attacked by someone that they're not going to be physically fit! Also... a kick to the nards still works on fit people.

You know what's really flawed about all these demonstrations? NONE of the participants are trying to fight back! They're all just standing there waiting for the attacker to expel energy at them! Cos in a real fight your attacker is totally gonna just stand there and let you do your voodoo! And even if it pushes you off balance... so what? The first thing you learn in martial arts is to stand in a solid stance; absorb the energy from the push (as you would from a physical attack)... or take another step out to catch your balance. Or do a breakfall and get up again. Losing your centre of balance isn't the end of the world. It's almost as if these guys are spending a lot of time and money trying to learn how to do something with their chi energy when you could achieve the same result from just tackling someone! (odds are the tackle would have a greater success rate... regardless of tongue misalignment )