Quote Originally Posted by Bartrim View Post
So overall how would you rate your first lesson? I feel that Kalel will be the best person to talk to regarding your concerns. The only thing I can comment on is the C-Step. We do the "C step" or as you put it "in GKR we have to move the moving foot inward toward the stationary foot, but not touching it, then outward." It does take practice but it is a very practical step for taking down an opponent . the way the foot moves in the c-step if done correctly can get behind your opponents foot and used to trip/sweep their leg out.
Yes with enough practice it can be done very fast

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
Ah right, "C-Step," heh... still getting used to some new terminology and moves.

Overall it was pretty basic - as I expected. Although I was pleasantly surprised that Sensei let me learn the first Kata in its entirety... although it is a very basic form; only has one kind of punch, one kind of block and they say it only uses one stance, but in actuality it uses two, because they use a cross-legged stance as a transition when turning around. But I can see how it would be beneficial for people with little sports background or underdeveloped coordination. I've dropped KalEl a PM, so hopefully we'll be able to discuss this in more detail.
love to chat to you soon about it all much easier than typing.