Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 234567891015 ... LastLast

Thread: Fall of Cybertron figures! (images added - post 21)

Gonna be a sweet year

Holy hot butter!

And for those that are going I think this will be a great year to see new stuff at Botcon. With an earlier convention (less time for leaks) and possible news about a new Masterpiece figure, this^^^ sort of Fall of Cybertron info, TF:Prime info and a baseformer! WOW!
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    Tell me about it, we've gone from that PCC garbage to this in the space of what, a year?
    This is what makes me nervous and why I am reluctant to jump in the 'Better than FP' bandwagon. I will wait for detailed pictures before I make up my mind on which is better but I think it is safe to say that it will be better than PCC since at least the individual components can transform.

What worries me is Hasbro has an atrocious history with combiners since the Armada era. Their latest 'proper' combiners were the Energon ones and those sucked horribly. It is a wonder and a show of inventiveness that FP managed to make such an awesome toy out of that garbage with the upgrades.

Anyways, as it has been said, these are the 'Cybertronian' version of Bruticus which is still very different to that of FP's. One really doesn't supplant the other in the least, they actually complement one another...assuming Hasbro's ends up good.

It is good to see that we have something from Hasbro to get excited about and wait in anticipation for, I had totally given up on them. I hope to see more as it would finally show that Hasbro 'gets it'.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutton View Post
    I don't see how a FOC Bruticus makes the FP Bruticus redundant in any way, no more than FOC Jazz would replace Classics Jazz. I honestly did not see this coming however, I didn't expect any more proper combiners from them in a long while, certainly not one associated with a game rather than a show. Having said that, Bruticus is an important character in the game, and apparently you do get to control him at one point, so that might help make sales with the kiddies.

What I'm really interested to learn is whether this is sold individually or as a set. Certainly if it's sold individually online ordering will be the safest bet.
    I think for some that couldn't afford/purchase or didn't want to buy the FP set for various reasons, these figs while off in terms of aesthetic, could be shoehorned in as a classics replacement which is all good. Ill be getting it since it is just awesome, regardless of the fact that I own the upgrade set.

One of the initial interviews that I read/watched on FOC stated that they chose Bruticus because out of all the gestalts, it was the best to suit Hasbro's policies of no similar vehicles in case assortments- i.e. being a tank, jeep, helicopter, etc they are different enough then a bunch of construction vehicles on the pegs.

Id say that these may be individual releases but there maybe special packs to accommodate- I wonder if onslaught is of a larger scale voyager perhaps? Or perhaps they have a new strategy- will definitely be interesting to see.

and also what combiner port tech they will be using....

It is a possibility that Hasbro may be using this to test out for potential future combiners if ever there was a suitable push for them. Maybe PCC did do well enough for Hasbro to head in this direction?

Another thing that people have stated is that this is a response by Hasbro in seeing what the 3rd parties have done... it could be, but could also be just coincidence. However if this is true, then 3rd party has done its job in pushing Hasbro towards recognizing and catering more to collectors where their previous policies prevented this.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    Another thing that people have stated is that this is a response by Hasbro in seeing what the 3rd parties have done... it could be, but could also be just coincidence. However if this is true, then 3rd party has done its job in pushing Hasbro towards recognizing and catering more to collectors where their previous policies prevented this.
    Well given Hasbro's previous stance on combiners and how popular the 3rd party ones have been, it is certainly possible. Perhaps the 3rd parties did give Hasbro that much needed 'kick in the butt' to snap them back in gear.

If this is the case then I am very proud to have been a 3rd party supporter

More official stuff like this please!

Quote Originally Posted by gdmetro View Post
    and also what combiner port tech they will be using....
    This pic just in...

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    This pic just in...
    Very funny

But it does illustrate how there has been a total re-thinking on how they have been designing things.

Brawl's picture has what looks to be an Energon port on his butt. The Energon method of combination wasn't bad so I am glad they are using it instead of PCC.

Yeah, I don't think this makes FP Colossus redundant, as Sutton stated.
    This is a cybertronian-mode take on the character(s) anyway, and we've only seen teaser shots.

Not that I don't wish for it, but I doubt that FOC Bruticus will have ankle tilt or articulated fingers. 50/50 on Onslaught's cannons having some kind of mobility. Plus Colossus has the two shotguns, giant knife and the anti-tank sniper rifle going for him. That's tough to best, if you want to make comparisons that is.....

I'm still getting this because Bruticus is my favorite combiner, but yeah, it won't be a replacement.

Swindle looks great.

Brawl looks meh - the non rotating turret kills it for me.

If the unrevealed 5 are the combaticons and they form into Bruticus I am ALL over this.

EDIT: Just read that this is touted as 5 deluxe molds being "One of the biggest combiners Hasbro has ever produced"

WOW. Take my money Hasbro, take it all.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    What worries me is Hasbro has an atrocious history with combiners since the Armada era. Their latest 'proper' combiners were the Energon ones and those sucked horribly..
    RotF Legends Devastator was quite good too, if on a much smaller scale.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.