Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WANTED: G1 Fortress Maximus figure

Default WANTED: G1 Fortress Maximus figure

Hi you all out there on this forum and beyond..

I am trying to find a original Fortress Maximus action figure (not sure if this name is spelled correctly) for a great price with out having to pay a ridiculous price tag or to sell my soul to obtain that figure too.

I don't need a boxed G1 Fortress Maximus only in loose condition will be great. It does not matter if it is not complete and only a shell body.

To refer about "shell body" It means it only have the body intact with no extra accessories etc.

I came across to a shelled body FM online a while ago and tried to get it for about $100 for starters.. I have no shame asking for that price knowing that it will cost heaps to rebuild it with small parts that are so expensive.

I need to have a Fortress Maximus in good loose condition so I can start to work on restoration for a fun and enjoyable hobby and to add it to my G1 transformers shrine

If you have a spare Fortress robot lying some where forgotten and building up dust that you would like to let go of it just let me know

Thanks

There's this one on eBay right now. Local to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    There's this one on eBay right now. Local to Australia.
    Shhh I.m keeping tabs on it .. The seller refuse to accept offers under the starting price.

It have been renewed four times. I have a feeling the seller applied H202 on the white parts that has yellowed before he said that it can be applied with the H202 quote and also did not tell me he did it or not after when I asked him about that.
    I think the seller should not have tried the H202 on it and might have already mucked up the white plastics towards a fine specimen of a robot and should leave it alone.
    I tried to tell the seller that there are too many accessories on him that are like impossible to find and too expensive to purchase separately And the robot is just a shell form.
    I am waiting for seller to consider my offer and hope he realize it is worth accepting

I wouldn't pay that price. I paid $240 for my Fortress Maximus and it came with:
    + 1 ramp
    + Cerebros
    + Gasket
    + Grommet
    It also didn't have the shin guns missing like that one.

I got Spike later on for $80 so in total I've spent $320 on my Fortress Maximus. I have a complete Brave Maximus, so I'm not all that fussed about totally completing Fortress Maximus -- just wanted to have one to cross him off my list.

So considering that that Fort Max is missing both arm ramps, both shin cannons, Cerebros, Spike, Gasket and Grommet - I don't think it's worth $236. $100 is a fair price for that - maybe $150 tops.

Some other things to consider (i.e. things we cannot see from the photo):
    + Are the two small ramp-doors (leading to the lift) both present?
    + Does the lift & launcher gimmick still work?
    + Are the two dual-arm cannons present?
    + Is the prison door present?
    + Is the cockpit window present? (where Spike sits in vehicle mode)
    + Are the two large body cannons still working (i.e. able to swing in and out okay - no damage)?

I think these are all fair questions before deciding how much one should pay for this toy - because as you've said, hunting down individual parts is going to be time-consuming and costly, so if the base body is missing any of these things then I think it's reasonable to ask for further discounts. If the seller won't, then just move on IMHO.

Remember to say when you paid such prices. You have a tendency to quote prices from many years ago and expect that is still market price.

I only got it few years ago.

Here's what I got for $240:

And here's when I got Spike for $80:

So that was around the time when BotCon Cindersaur/Hasbro MP Grimlock came out.

You got a highly unlikely to happen again good deal.

Danzvader78. You are unlikely to find a matching price.

I know someone who got a Fort Max body for $60. Doesn't mean I think you should only budget for $60. Don't let lucky fan finds set your price.

Ultimately pay for it what you'd be happy to spend and do plenty of research.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I wouldn't pay that price. I paid $240 for my Fortress Maximus and it came with:
    + 1 ramp
    + Cerebros
    + Gasket
    + Grommet
    It also didn't have the shin guns missing like that one.

I got Spike later on for $80 so in total I've spent $320 on my Fortress Maximus. I have a complete Brave Maximus, so I'm not all that fussed about totally completing Fortress Maximus -- just wanted to have one to cross him off my list.

So considering that that Fort Max is missing both arm ramps, both shin cannons, Cerebros, Spike, Gasket and Grommet - I don't think it's worth $236. $100 is a fair price for that - maybe $150 tops.

Some other things to consider (i.e. things we cannot see from the photo):
    + Are the two small ramp-doors (leading to the lift) both present?
    + Does the lift & launcher gimmick still work?
    + Are the two dual-arm cannons present?
    + Is the prison door present?
    + Is the cockpit window present? (where Spike sits in vehicle mode)
    + Are the two large body cannons still working (i.e. able to swing in and out okay - no damage)?

I think these are all fair questions before deciding how much one should pay for this toy - because as you've said, hunting down individual parts is going to be time-consuming and costly, so if the base body is missing any of these things then I think it's reasonable to ask for further discounts. If the seller won't, then just move on IMHO.
    I am so glad that you totally understand what I was trying to tell to the seller and of course I will move on pronto and hope some one will give me a great deal later on
    I love your depth insight towards valuing the Fortress Maximus.
    The picture was rather dodgy with insufficient images and quite difficult to see close up which was rather hard for me to determine how many more parts were missing too.
    The seller even told me that he would've had built the robot using reissue parts but I seriously doubt it and would have spoilt the value of the robot too.
    I only wish that the original owner looked after the robot a bit better as if it had nearly everything on it and unbroken. Yes I would had paid $236 with out hesitation
    I had a wildest dream a while ago that I found a boxed Fortress Maxiums with everything at my local Salvation army with a price tag of $20
    I love your Fortress Maximus Gok.. You got a wild deal for it

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    You got a highly unlikely to happen again good deal.

Danzvader78. You are unlikely to find a matching price.

I know someone who got a Fort Max body for $60. Doesn't mean I think you should only budget for $60. Don't let lucky fan finds set your price.

Ultimately pay for it what you'd be happy to spend and do plenty of research.
    Yes agreed Gok got a good deal because it is in played and loose condition not mint in box. I am just happy to have one in loose condition that I can display and touch as well too
    $60 seems like a great deal but don't know what it will look like until I see it..
    For my opinion the lower budget the more better value too.