Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2013: Generations

Default 2013: Generations

I was just reading this article on Tformers.com, and figure it's the best news for me to come from Hasbro and the Toy Fair.

Transformers: Filler... I mean, Generations continuing after 2012 is spent disappointing fans continuously... I mean bringing out Prime and FOC figures.

40 figures. It didn't specify if they were 40 new figures, or repaints of old ones. But there aren't 40 different Seekers or 40 different ways of repainting a Optimus mold (or is there?), so it should be safe to say there will be some new molds in there.

Come on 2013 and my Generations Rhinox!

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...
    TRANSFORMERS: UNITY -- the BotCon 2016 Comic Book that should have been...

Oh and Generations Arcee and Blackarachnia for me please.

Which reminds me I have to get off my ass and write out that Spotlight Idea I had the leads into a Wreckers Story....

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    I was just reading this article on Tformers.com, and figure it's the best news for me to come from Hasbro and the Toy Fair.

Transformers: Filler... I mean, Generations continuing after 2012 is spent disappointing fans continuously... I mean bringing out Prime and FOC figures.

40 figures. It didn't specify if they were 40 new figures, or repaints of old ones. But there aren't 40 different Seekers or 40 different ways of repainting a Optimus mold (or is there?), so it should be safe to say there will be some new molds in there.

Come on 2013 and my Generations Rhinox!
    Haha, tell us what you really think Verno.

What will you do if they release Rhinox as one of the 40 repaints of FoC Prime?

Quote Originally Posted by Doubledealer View Post
    What will you do if they release Rhinox as one of the 40 repaints of FoC Prime?
    Hahaha. "They" will be in a lot of trouble.

TRANSFORMERS: DEICIDE -- The Beast Wars 20th Anniversary Comic Book series that could have been...

As I've said elsewhere, a disappointing amount will be Legends size (I am aware that Generations was previously all deluxes but is anyone really expecting them to release 40 new deluxes in a side line?)

All I really want is a DotM Dino.

I'd like some of the designs from the first arc of Ongoing to make it into toy format (yes those first few issues that everyone whined about because OMG THEY LOOKS LIK TEH BAFORMRES) (even though they didn't really).
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by SharkyMcShark View Post
    As I've said elsewhere, a disappointing amount will be Legends size (I am aware that Generations was previously all deluxes but is anyone really expecting them to release 40 new deluxes in a side line?)
    You'll have to excuse my ignorance, but how big is a legend size? I'm assuming its smaller than deluxe.

What happened to basic, deluxe, mega and ultra? How did it get so confusing?

Legends is the size below Basic (or Scout as they're known now) (well not now now seeing as the size class got binned off after RotF and hasn't returned).

There are two sizes of legends - really small ones that are basically a couple of mm taller than minicons and ones that are slightly larger and meant to replace Basic class toys but are only two thirds of the size.

Apparently they're big sellers which is why Hasbro is putting a lot of effort and money into them but I personally can't stand them - not enough bang for my buck.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

They sound bloody awful.

What we have to hope then is that the second half of 2012 will be spent developing the figures, seeing as 2011 was spent developing TF:Prime and Fall of Cybertron stuff, to the detriment of the final DoTM wave(s) and to Prime itself it seems. Hasbro had/has a lot on its plate in 2011/12 and it seems its stomach was bigger than its mouth. No doubt they've got the cash to do it all, but the time simply ran out.

Quote Originally Posted by Verno View Post
    What happened to basic, deluxe, mega and ultra? How did it get so confusing?
    From here (but updated with the new TF:Prime classes):

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Yeah, Hasbro has changed names of their size-classes a fair bit over the years, but I did have on the old and outdated checklist, a compilation of the size-classes, for newer fans to know what they used to be called (if they ever came across an old size name and wanted to know what it is now called).

Hasbro Transformers packaging size/price scale, from smallest to largest according to US$:
    - Micromaster / Minicon
    - *Single Spychanger / Legends / Legion
    - Double Spychanger / Deployer / Mini-Con 2-pack
    - *Basic / Mini-Con 3-pack / Energon Class / Scout Class / Commander Class
    - Real Gear / Slammers
    - Microverse
    - *Deluxe / Mini-Con 6-pack / Supercon / Combat Class / Revealer
    - Beast Rider / FAB / TECH
    - Armada Roleplay
    - *Mega / Maxcon / Mega Combat / Voyager Class / Poweriser
    - Alternators / Crossovers / Human Alliance
    - *Ultra / Gigacon / Command Class
    - *Super / Leader Class / Weaponiser
    - Supreme / Ultimate / Combiner

The ones with the * are the main ones in use today.

Hope that helps make it clearer for you, or was what you were looking for.
    To quote myself: I see Generations as becoming the new Universe 2.0 (Universe 3.0) with the consistent packaging for anything that’s not "TF Prime" (just like Universe 2.0 vs Animated). And like Universe 2.0 a subtitle will tell buyers that the figure is from "Generation 1" or "War for/Fall of Cybertron" or "Generation 2" or "Unicron Trilogy" or "Beast Wars" etc.

I'd easily imagine DOTM Soundwave, Que/Wheeljack, Leadfoot, Vortex amongst the 40. Maybe some of those Animated toys like Wasp or Vortex Blurr will finally get sold.

I agree it's very unlikely that all 40+ will be 1984-1986 classics despite what a lot of GeeWun fans are imagining when they read that news. (But for fun I did come up with my most wanted 41 should they be restricted to 'G1' last night. Was thinking it could be a thread topic later to share ideas).

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I agree it's very unlikely that all 40+ will be 1984-1986 classics despite what a lot of GeeWun fans are imagining when they read that news. (But for fun I did come up with my most wanted 41 should they be restricted to 'G1' last night. Was thinking it could be a thread topic later to share ideas).
    The speculation has already begun mate, so post away! We've got a year of guessing!