Thread: Walmart Exclusive Star Wars 3D action figures @ Big W

Default Walmart Exclusive Star Wars 3D action figures @ Big W

Just letting some of you members who collect Star Wars action figures that there is a handful of Star Wars EP1 action figures WITH 3D cut out glasses on one side of packaging that are only available at Walmart (US) turning up at our local Big W stores.
    I did not know about this until I found out today seeing two figures hanging on shelving pegs at Blacktown Big W retailing for $9.83 each.
    I was thinking that they were pretty cheap for a brand new figure so bought them.
    Later on I did some research on the figures with 3D pictures on back of packaging and found out that they were Walmart exclusive set of twelve with many new characters from Star Wars EP1 that are not included in the common new Darth Maul packaging
    The set of twelve "Discover The Force also include the droid that got blasted off from the Royal Naboo Starship platform during repairs, Tusken Raider so on..
    After some phone contacts and driving all the way to Plumpton Big W I got the rest of the set.
    At Plumpton Big W I noticed there was only one of each figure with no extra duplicates
    I don't think they will re order the 3D exclusives again. I might be wrong.
    It is puzzling to me how those figures that are exclusive only to Walmart sudden turns up only in Big W stores in Australia.
    So just letting some of you Star War action figure collectors know in case before those exclusives dry out fast....

Big W is the Australian equivalent of Walmart, hence why we're getting a few of the 'Discover The Force' exclusives, if only we got 'em all

I saw the Destroyer Droid with the awesome Force Field, had no cash at the time and haven't seen him again

Quote Originally Posted by gantz View Post
    Big W is the Australian equivalent of Walmart, hence why we're getting a few of the 'Discover The Force' exclusives, if only we got 'em all

I saw the Destroyer Droid with the awesome Force Field, had no cash at the time and haven't seen him again
    Interesting to know about Big W being the Australian clone of Walmart... Mystery solved

I can confirm with you that Big W supplies the whole set of twelve Discover The Force figures in Australia too. They are randomly distributed in Big W stores but dont think they will last long...

Yes the Destroyer Droid is awesome with a nice clear foggy shield arc accessory. I also noticed this figure packaging also doubles in size too

We got them in New Zealand but at regular retail .. which is a shame otherwise I would have got more.

Our stock actually came from Europe - 12 languages on the card

Quote Originally Posted by Zippo View Post
    We got them in New Zealand but at regular retail .. which is a shame otherwise I would have got more.

Our stock actually came from Europe - 12 languages on the card
    How much did the exclusives cost in NZ? In Australia they cost. $9.83 each

$20NZ
    Same as Star Wars (and other Hasbro 3 3/4 inch action figures) have cost for years

$20NZ
    Same as Star Wars (and other Hasbro 3 3/4 inch action figures) have cost for years
    That is too expensive. The store in NZ should review the prices. I used to live in NZ almost half my life. On my last stay during the holidays I was shocked to see everything gone e.g food and living costs. I remember exclaiming aloud that the Mainland cheese block is more expensive than OZ that it should be the other way around that turned some heads at my direction. I went to the WareHouse to look for the new SW vintage line and some of the were like $24 each. I dropped them like they were on fire.

Off topic, but for a NZer coming over to Australia -- Food prices over there are insane. Yeah they aren't that good over here either, but most thing I tried to pick up where more expensive and I went out of my way to find the really cheap items.

What food Zippo? Talking Fast Food? Coles or Woolies?

Off topic, but for a NZer coming over to Australia -- Food prices over there are insane. Yeah they aren't that good over here either, but most thing I tried to pick up where more expensive and I went out of my way to find the really cheap items.
    Don't forget about the currency differences Australian dollars are more stronger than NZ dollars and losing a lot of money through converting NZ dollars to Australian dollars. That may explain why you think everything is so expensive in Australia. You probably visited Sydney one of high living cost cities in the world too