Page 18 of 76 FirstFirst ... 813141516171819202122232838 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    I think i need to stop going to He-Man.org. It's really starting to stress me out thinking there won't be a 2014 MOTUC line that fills the gaps after this year.

Seriously. I don't care about the bios or Toyguru and his b.s. or the Matty apologist arse kissing I just want my F****ING HE-MAN AND SHE-RA TOYS.

And I am feeling physically ill over the thought of not getting a main cast of Great Rebellion ladies! I mostly just want the characters shown in the opening sequence of the She-Ra cartoon- Y'know the group shot that happens at "Me and my friends in the Great Rebellion" mark. Oh. And Mermista. Aaaand if we're getting Netossa we need Spinnerella...And Scorpia. Ohhh...here comes that nausea again....
    I feel for ya Problem is Scott has little interest in PoP. But hey, take comfort that he brought you Mighty Sucktor, Cy-Crap, and Sir Fails-alot instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I feel for ya Problem is Scott has little interest in PoP. But hey, take comfort that he brought you Mighty Sucktor, Cy-Crap, and Sir Fails-alot instead.
    Actually...I like the 30th figures. I don't care about the bio for Spector to me if he looks like the He-Man universe's Deadpool, he IS The He-Man universe's Deadpool, a wisecracking, teleporting jerk that no-one really likes. Sir Lazer-Lot will be a bumbling "Dudley Do-Right" character in My Canon (TM) not ultraviolent badass from the web comic. I even like Cy-Chop's crazy-ass mishmash design. If they were crap toys, I'd call them out on being crap toys, but they're not!
    I love MOTUC. Love it. I'll be with it 'til it dies and will be sad to see it go, but hopefully we still get two more years out of it. I think my best option right now is to ignore the Org and to just chill like I did this time last year.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallestblue View Post
    Actually...I like the 30th figures. I don't care about the bio for Spector to me if he looks like the He-Man universe's Deadpool, he IS The He-Man universe's Deadpool, a wisecracking, teleporting jerk that no-one really likes. Sir Lazer-Lot will be a bumbling "Dudley Do-Right" character in My Canon (TM) not ultraviolent badass from the web comic. I even like Cy-Chop's crazy-ass mishmash design. If they were crap toys, I'd call them out on being crap toys, but they're not!
    That's fine Personally, I have been massively disappointed with the 30th line... except for Dreago-Man - WOW What a figure!!

My problem is, if we miss out of characters like Ram Man (if the sub is cancelled) or Tung Lashor, Horde Troopers, or any of the PoP characters you listed before, all because Scott wasted time, slots, resources and money on figures like Chops, Lazerlot and Spector... well, than I will be one ANGRY ROBZY!

I think with the exception of Photog and Castle Grayskullman (i.e. the toy that was supposed to be made decades ago and the one that won the competition this year), the thirtieth anniversary line was sickening. Vykron, Vikor, Demo-Man, Battleground Teela, Ram Man, Green Goddess, Filmation Hordak, Mini-Comic Trap Jaw, typo Oo-lar, Zodak's flying chair, Mekaneck, Sky Sled (et alia) are all toys that could have been saved up for a thirtieth anniversary sub. Toyguru wanting to make his own toy and then justifying it by letting three other people make their toys too was just an egomaniacal misuse of resources.

Looks like they took a while to decide as I didn't post anything too bad today (or yesterday) but this is what I got from the org today:

It seems that I pushed the political incorrect truth about Scott's/Mattel's practices a bit too hard and perhaps the fact that I had people supporting what I was saying provoked it further so...

To the gulag with me!

This kind of thing is why they shouldn't have community managers at all. Imagine if Hasbro had someone making excuses and taking full responsibility for the whole line of Transformers - now that'd be one hated individual!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    This kind of thing is why they shouldn't have community managers at all. Imagine if Hasbro had someone making excuses and taking full responsibility for the whole line of Transformers - now that'd be one hated individual!
    Scott is not the community Manager, he is the Brand Manager. He is completely in charge of managing the Matty toy lines. He actually has a lot of control on how the line is handled, characters chosen, fiction, etc, etc hence why there is so much hatred against him given the latest debacle. It is literally his fault for mis-managing the line.

If he did not have so much control, there wouldn't be so many self indulgences in the line (which customers had to pay for). His worst crime in this indulgence is changing the so called '30th anniversary line' into a vehicle for him to release his own fan character without any regards to the history of the brand or the customers forced to buy his stupid ego figure.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    this is what I got from the org today:

Seriously, what a joke! The only thing you can take from it is that you knew it was coming... they're so predictable. The "moderhaters" (as TheFallen calls them ) are getting bagged on just about every toy news site for being trigger-happy!

It seems that I pushed the political incorrect truth about Scott's/Mattel's practices a bit too hard and perhaps the fact that I had people supporting what I was saying provoked it further so...
    So true. Banning you for what you wrote is astonishing Talk about 'silencing trouble makers'. It's particularly remarkable when you consider this was one of the posts made over there about you...
    I've stayed away from the discussion forums here for several years, and I've debated back and forth recently over whether to post again. Posting in message boards such as this is generally a lost cause, but I feel compelled as of late by EtherianChronicles, Robzy, and Kup's posts. I feel that they've hit the nail on the head, and I wholeheartedly agree, except for one thing. Scott is no super fan, and I feel that he is a "toy guru" in name only.
    It's pretty rich when Pixel-Dan calls for less passionate responses from people... the guy is a human fireworks display on NYE. I've never seen anyone with so much passion except for Big Kev...

I think a lot of the Matty Apologists are frightened... not only frightened of the truth, but more terrified that other people who once supported Scott and Co are now seeing his true colours.

Scott is not the community Manager, he is the Brand Manager. He is completely in charge of managing the Matty toy lines. He actually has a lot of control on how the line is handled, characters chosen, fiction, etc, etc hence why there is so much hatred against him given the latest debacle. It is literally his fault for mis-managing the line.
    Maybe he's "out of control" But yeah, he's the guy who is responsible for everything. He's not a PR Manager or a "Fan Liason"... he's a Brand Manager who now thinks he's a celebrity in the toy world!

If he did not have so much control, there wouldn't be so many self indulgences in the line (which customers had to pay for). His worst crime in this indulgence is changing the so called '30th anniversary line' into a vehicle for him to release his own fan character without any regards to the history of the brand or the customers forced to buy his stupid ego figure.
    All he could ask yesterday was...
    Quote Originally Posted by ToyGuru
    Do I get any credit?

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post

All he could ask yesterday was...
    I actually got banned immediately after posting that same quote from Scott.

From what I posted in Emiliano's blog:

Yeah, unfortunately He-Man.org has become something that I can't say I like. It seems more like North Korea than a fan board.

I think I know what was the trigger point for my ban. I quoted one of Scott's recent egomaniac remarks as an example of what angers fans. Shortly after I posted that, the admin staff deleted it and I was banned.

I have a feeling that Scott has influence over them on what is 'acceptable or unacceptable' comments. Only when I directly quoted one of Scott's 'Public Relation' posts did I get hit with the ban hammer. I was more harsh before about Mattel and MOTUC management and they didn't do anything.

Now that I think about it, I have only been in trouble when I directly criticize Scott, which is kind of scary since that would mean that the board is not longer 'He-Man.org' but 'Scott-Neitlich.org'

Oh well, I hope all this is just a bad era in MOTU history and soon the fandom can go back to normal. Unfortunately I fear that the Org is forever tainted as a place for fans to freely discuss and enjoy the franchise.

Yeah i know, but it's the community manager aspect that's bringing all his brand mis-management in front of the public eye. If he had any clue at all, he'd ruin the line anonymously! I just don't know what he hopes to achieve reaching out to the fans with his bullshit, it only makes things worse.