Page 37 of 76 FirstFirst ... 172732333435363738394041424757 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    But, alas, this is the best one of all... In response to DR's latest screw up (they released several figures, like the Snake Men 2-pack, on sale early and many people bought them) he wrote...

Only problem is, there are several people noting they've received an email from DR/Matty saying their item (the 2-pack) has been shipped So, how does that work? Maybe Scott's telling the truth, and he really does have no idea what's going on and no power to stop it. Fingers crossed there's any Snake Men left for the REAL sale day next week not to mention for the Subscribers (reminds me of the Fisto debacle).
    I sense a punch up when Rueben reads these... Things are gonna be Icey in the mattel offices for a while. Sheesh.

If scott has no power and no idea as to what's going on, then he should probably shut up and if they want to have a correspondent with the fans, get someone who knows what's going on. Rueben seems to be the main man now...

As for the sale screw up, so what? they bought them and paid for them, obviously they wanted them. Ship them off. Apologise for releasing them early. What's the big deal? Make some more if they don't have enough for the subscribers, it can't be that hard.

Now all the people who bought them early have to buy them again? If I were in that group I certainly wouldn't bother. If matty collector were a company in Australia, I would have reported them to fair trading considering how immense and regular their cock ups seem to be...

Again, one of the many reasons I preorder with BBTS. Yes, I'm paying extra but at least I don't have to worry about monumental screw ups like this.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Why the hell is the onus on customers to show PROOF to the design team at Mattel that the black plastic on new MOTUC figures is chipping? I have a Spikor - his knee was chipped before I even opened the packaging. Plenty of people have dozens of photos online of their figures with chipping paint, and black being revealed underneath. It's like sh!tty quality 80s/90s toys all over again What "crack scientist" at Mattel thought this was a good idea? Ruben? Who honestly couldn't see what was going to happen with this??

Scott - you've been told!! It doesn't matter that you've only found 30 pictures of it... there aren't a huge amount of pics of Snout Spout's splittling trunk, Goddess' exploding torso, or Mr Stay Puft's yellowing body, but you've managed to acknowledge all of them as "errors" or "issues". So, he's passed it on? Yippeee... took long enough! Shouldn't have happened in the first place. Scott even states it was a "cost cutting" measure, and now they'll have to look for a new one. Cost cutting? Aren't we paying more per figure so we don't lose quality?? You know what's gonna happen - the 2014 line won't happen and fans/customers will get the blame cos we didn't just suck it up in regards to black plastic. They'll say they tried to save money but customers wouldn't let them! It will be our fault again!

This line has jumped the shark!

Ugh! Seriously guys, time to start voting by closing your wallets like i did! Feels good man

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Ugh! Seriously guys, time to start voting by closing your wallets like i did! Feels good man
    I closed it.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    You are 100% correct! I just feel so much disappointment by the way the line's been directed lately. I hate just walking away because it feels like I'm allowing Scott to win. He gets to do whatever he wants, blame whoever he wants, insult customers, and get away with it. No accountability whatsover... it's hard to just let that go. Scott killed my passion for MOTU the same way Michael Bay did for TFs. I'm only just getting my TF mojo back now, and I fear the same will happen with MOTU.

While I'm still buying some things, I'm definitely a much Pickier Cherry Picker than ever before.

I am just waiting for my 2012 sub to expire and that would be it. I have even begun to sell some of the remaining figures as I receive them.

I can imagine 5 years from now people having a collection of 'Black MOTUC' figures adorning their shelves

If you still want a few of the designs (after release, once it's become clear they're QC free and solid toys), considering you aren't going after every single release, it's a lot easier to stomach the extra cost at BBTS or something as Tallestblue has mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I hate just walking away because it feels like I'm allowing Scott to win.
    You know though, since Ghost busters is gone DC is gone (I think), voltron won't last forever, eventually there won't be any reason for Mattel to bother with Scott and he'll be out on his ear.

Then Scott would have won, but what does he have? An unemployment cheque.

Plus, eventually, MOTU will rise again. Be sure of that, entertainment doesn't really like trying anything new, in a few years, someone will bring it up again and MOTU will rise again.

Thanks for trying to cheer me up guys I feel better now. Hmmm.... would still like to meet Scott one day - just to slap him!