Page 47 of 76 FirstFirst ... 273742434445464748495051525767 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Like I posted on the Org... it's all part of the theatrics. There's no way Scott will miss an opportunity to announce it to the world. Does anyone seriously think that I guy with his ego will just let the fanbase know the result with a thermometer jpeg?!

I love that the preorder page is still up... past the deadline. Some of those Orgers are bordering on dangerous fanatics. They've had giant countdowns to the final second of the sale ... and yet, it's still available to buy Just goes to show that some of them no nothing of what's actually going on. They just don't understand how they're being played, yet it's so obvious when you look at it. They've become (just like when the Sub sale was on) so obsessive, and almost religious, about the deadlines and thermometer... trying to interpret what it all means at any given moment... stressing one minute, rejoicing the next... trying to convert and persuade people, who have openly expressed that they're concerned about their financial circumstances, in to buying a CG or two (often successfully). It's like a doomsday cult or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    . It's like a doomsday cult or something.
    It would be hilarious if the preorder get extended to the 21st of December

They are indeed all deluded at the Org. Scott is like Benny Hinn in the deep south.

I don't know why I post on there. I say to myself... "Stay away! Leave them be!" But then I just can't help myself when I read some of the absolute dribble or loony philosophies a few of them have. And so I end up having endless exchanges with half-wits who don't deserve my time or attention

(I'm MC Modulok over there.) So I just posted in the "What Would It Take..." thread:

"The moment I know that Toy Guru no longer works at Mattel, I promise I will order a Castle Grayskull."

This is 100% true.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    I don't know why I post on there. I say to myself... "Stay away! Leave them be!" But then I just can't help myself when I read some of the absolute dribble or loony philosophies a few of them have. And so I end up having endless exchanges with half-wits who don't deserve my time or attention
    Because the whole situation is like a train wreck.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    (I'm MC Modulok over there.) So I just posted in the "What Would It Take..." thread:

"The moment I know that Toy Guru no longer works at Mattel, I promise I will order a Castle Grayskull."

This is 100% true.
    To be frank, that may also inspire me to buy one.

As it was expected, Scott was holding back the thermometer to cause people to panic into buying more castles:

http://www.mattycollector.com/DRHM/s...ctID=258165100

How did it go from a fair bit below minimum to dramatically exceeding it?
    Last edited by kup; 14th November 2012 at 01:27 PM.

SURPRISE.... SHOCK... CG's getting made. We did it... Oooooo, warm fuzzies, let's all hug each other and go singing in the street!

Don't get me wrong, I ordered one (as I said I would when it was first announced), but I'm embarrassed to be associated with the way some of those MOTU fans are behaving - both before and after knowing the result!

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post

This is 100% true.
    Careful... you'll probably get banned for flaming

It's okay, I just went to respond and noticed the last thread I wrote in is closed (every time I post in a thread on Matty or the Org it get's closed) . I love it when people write "Who cares", and you reply by telling them who cares, and they respond with "Relax". Their attitude is "I've got nothing to say but, damn, I'm gonna say it LOUD!"

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Because the whole situation is like a train wreck.
    It's out of hand now. Everyone's acting like they just won WWIII and discovered the cure for cancer. Funny how you can have 3 threads all saying the same thing about celebrating, but you can't do the same thing when pointing out serious issues or problems.

Now there is nothing to do but wait till next year when they start showing the solid prototypes that don't really live up to expectations causing some drama.

Then after that we will have to wait until people start receiving the final release piece only to find massive cost cut shortcuts and flaws sparking another drama between the apologists and those that want a product that measures up to what they paid for.

Yeah I am sounding cynical but it's hard to be positive given the history of this brand.

Yeah, more will go wrong - we can be certain of that!

I just noticed on the Org that someone's calling for a special gift, just for those who bought the castle already*, because...ahem... they are "TRUE FANS". Yes, he used capitals too!!

So, how does that make those of you who didn't buy CG feel... you know, to find out you're not true fans and all?!

*Apparently getting a bonus poster is not enough! Now they want a bonus bonus gift for buying early!