I know we have the "MOTU questions by newbies, and not-so-newbies" thread, but whenever I just feel like talking about Masters, I never feel like there's a proper place for it. So hopefully this will be it.

I've been buying the MOTUC line for... three years now and have never had any of what I consider to be a 'real' problem. It was inevitable that something would happen eventually, and in my case, unfortunately it was with Demo-Man, who (along with Hurricane Hordak) was my equal most-fondly-awaited figure from last year. The problem was that he didn't ship until this year.

I changed my address at MattyCollector back in November 2011. The Demo-Man/Battleground Evil-Lyn order from my subscription was supposed to ship in December last year, but did not ship until January the 19th. And for some reason it was shipped to my old address where I no longer live nor have access to the mail.

So I wrote to Mattycollector about it, and they have been very helpful. They say they will reship the package to the right address. Hopefully all is good. Fingers crossed.

So... has anyone been reading our beloved Toyguru's 'Director's Commentary' blogs? The previous one was surprisingly unawful, and I only had a couple of issues with the current one:

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru;
Looking at past collector lines, many had died an early death simply because they burned through characters a bit too quickly. This was especially the case with the 2003 Staction line from NECA.
How the heck did the Stactions "burn through characters"? Because they came three per wave? Seriously, that was my favourite MOTU line ever, and because they concentrated on less 'mainstream' characters than the 200X toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru;
When we presented the line up to management, I do remember in particular one of the managers looking at Scareglow (the proposed October figure, until the Mer-Man slip moved him to November) and saying “Scareglow? Really? He was one of the cheap-outs back in the day.” Which is interesting because if you look at the vintage Scareglow wave (Randor, Clamp Champ, Ninjor and Scareglow) they were all pretty much "weapon and a head only" figures.
Um... Ninjor had three weapons, one of which was nunchaku, a spring loaded arm, cloth clothes and a head. And clearly the Sorceress wasn't 'weapon and a head' - she was new... like... everything. And I don't see how a glow-in-the-dark, caped skeleton deco was a "cheap-out" either.

Other than those imaginary-histories-pulled-out-of-Toyguru's-bottom, this week's commentary was... okay.