Page 38 of 76 FirstFirst ... 182833343536373839404142434858 ... LastLast

Thread: Ozmasters, The MOTU General Discussion Thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    Thanks for trying to cheer me up guys I feel better now. Hmmm.... would still like to meet Scott one day - just to slap him!
    Now THAT'S a convention worth going too!!

Cat is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yesterday my Teela arrived, along with a He-Man and a spare Man At Arms (Well, the He-Man is spare too).

Teela is great. Wish I had two to display both heads and headdress.

And it's neat having an opened MAA and He-Man.

Unfortunately He-Man has a REALLY loose ankle that means he can't stand easily.

I just shoved him in a case that fits him perfectly, but doesn't give him enough room to lean.

Close enough.

Man I won a couple of the original MOTU playsets on ebay and they arrived yesterday - I have to say if I had these as the kid I could have spent hours playing with them! I had the GI Joe terror dome instead but these playsets are just as cool

Octavia and Karatti look fawesome. Mathematically, that's not a good start to the promises of what would be done in 2013, but I'm happy with those two. Snake Face was expected and is awesome too - I just discovered how many attachable snakes he'll have: http://toynewsi.com/ig.php?mode=view...art=0&sl=19206

So who's in for Castle Grayskull?

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Snake face wins for me!! Absolutely fantastic. The other two are pretty cool too.

As for Castle Grayskull... At this stage it's only a maybe. I do hope it gets made and I will definitely pre-order one. I think it will be basic from what I've read but that doesn't bother me. Some are already complaining about the price, but to be fair to Scott, he did flag it a while ago.

I wonder if CG is a response to all the negativity of late... It seems rushed and unprepared, like they thought they had to do something awesome - and quick! If that is the case, that's still ok by me. But the fact that it's still no certainty makes me not want to get my hopes up just yet! Hell, even Ram Man couldn't sell Subs!

Snakeface looks awesome and Octavia is freaking sweet!

I just hope neither gets ruined by black plastic, reversed arms, flaking paint or screwed up faces.

If Mattycollector had not become such a disaster, these two figures alone would have tempted me to get a sub.

Edit: I just saw a close up of Octavia's face. It's not very good and rather plain looking with the same stupid buck teeth expression all MOTUC females seem to now have.

She is supposed to look like this:

Not a generic green Barbie doll with a bucked tooth 'dull surprise' look

A little to the left... a little bit more...

And in other news, it's disappointing to see Mattel's up to their old tricks with a brand new figure...

FROSTA has reversed arms...

At least, unlike Stinkor, they're admitting it's a mistake this time and not trying to pretend it was a deliberate choice to make the figure "pop". So, Subscribers can either get a refund or a free "Apology Gift(TM)" (Matty should start mass producing these to be honest!!) but either way, you are guaranteed NOT to get a correct/QC-error free version. Even after delays, they couldn't get her right!

*sigh*

Quote Originally Posted by Robzy View Post
    And in other news, it's disappointing to see Mattel's up to their old tricks with a brand new figure...

FROSTA has reversed arms...

At least, unlike Stinkor, they're admitting it's a mistake this time and not trying to pretend it was a deliberate choice to make the figure "pop". So, Subscribers can either get a refund or a free "Apology Gift(TM)" (Matty should start mass producing these to be honest!!) but either way, you are guaranteed NOT to get a correct/QC-error free version. Even after delays, they couldn't get her right!

*sigh*
    Sadly just like Stinkor, she has become a custom job for me which isn't what I signed up for . I now have to fix her arms and paint the grey 'snow' dress into a proper white

We know now why Hasbro does it. It seems that grey is a much cheaper 'alternative' to white. As Scott himself said, all the crap we have seen in the last few months is all about cost cutting despite the price increases.

Profiteering much?

Those 3 figures look reasonably cool, even though I only recognize Snake Face. I would consider getting them if they weren't guaranteed to have some sort of messed up QC issue and distributed by the evil Matty.