Thread: Beyblade

Default Beyblade

Can anyone let an old timer like me know what beyblade is/are?

I just came across this exact one (still sealed) and I have no idea what to do with it.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Beyblade-T...-/330647389021

put yours on ebay for only 80pounds and undercut that guy

they have a zip cord on them like the some other toy from the 70s or 80s (cant for the life of me remember what they are called) sort of like a disc with a point on the bottom so it spins but with the beyblade they are designed to "fight" against each other

edit: a cross between one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-S...ht_5112wt_1396

and one of these http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/HASBRO-SS...#ht_500wt_1413

Quote Originally Posted by loophole View Post
    put yours on ebay for only 80pounds and undercut that guy

they have a zip cord on them like the some other toy from the 70s or 80s (cant for the life of me remember what they are called) sort of like a disc with a point on the bottom so it spins but with the beyblade they are designed to "fight" against each other
    oh ok, just noticed on the back of the box it has little images not to fire it in your eye or your mouth. Nice and safe for the kids.

heh think I put it up on ebay unless someone here is keen!

They are a new version of Battle tops. An idea as old as time. BUT now with cool sparkly stickers

Any place/website to buy these?

Err, Beyblade is a tv show which originally aired during my childhood, but had been a manga for quite some time before then.
    Basically you have a spinning top made up of different components (each with different weights, shapes etc) and the top is launched from the 'launcher' using a rip cord into a 'bey stadium', ie an arena. If you _REALLY_ want photos of these or something I could search around for mine.

The tv show was about a kid who went around to heaps of tournaments and unleashed his 'bit beast' (like the spirit of his top) in order to attain higher ranks. As the show progressed we were introduced to many different characters and came across a wide variety of tops (including ones that bounced).

So, basically these are the same as spinning tops that have been used as childrens play toys for thousands of years, but on steroids in terms of customisation.

Also, that warning is true. I had one explode on me and the 'attack ring' (which is the top layer) flew off and actually sliced quite deeply down the side of my toe, I have a scar from it still. Luckily none of the other parts hit anyone else, because it literally exploded into a thousand pieces.

You can buy the new versions at most retailers. The originals were way cooler though. The new ones are very small in comparison :/

Am looking for the takara tomy new ones that aren't in your regular retailers. They're boxed.

Are the TT ones still in production?
    All previous incarnations of these apart from the current ones were also boxed.