Page 11 of 183 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162131 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

During our conversation our connection got lost (my house must've gone through a tunnel ). In the time it took me to call him back, he was talking to someone in the background (they speak a language I don't understand) -- he told me that he'd just told his mum about the value, and I heard no reply. Sooo... looks like she doesn't give a stuff. She only decreased the value of the toy by $500...

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    During our conversation our connection got lost (my house must've gone through a tunnel ). In the time it took me to call him back, he was talking to someone in the background (they speak a language I don't understand) -- he told me that he'd just told his mum about the value, and I heard no reply. Sooo... looks like she doesn't give a stuff. She only decreased the value of the toy by $500...
    but really though for him, it's not about the value so much as keeping it in perfect nick, including the box. perhaps he should have moved it a bit earlier.

I'm lucky, both my parents respect my privacy and space.
    The only change my Mum made to my room after I moved out to go to uni was to replace my old single bed with a queen bed after I got married so we have somewhere comfortable to sleep when we visit my parents now.

on the subject of venting about Transformers.

last time I was home I thought about transforming my thunderclash and shattered the chest panel off because I didn't realise the hinge was made of gold plastic. I now treat all my late G1 and G2 figures with super kid gloves. need to figure out how to fix it without destroying the rest of it. I have found a junker with an intact hinge, it's the swapping and replacing that's going to be the hard part...

new thought, maybe I can make a new one through shapeways...
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    but really though for him, it's not about the value so much as keeping it in perfect nick, including the box.
    Oh absolutely. He's spent over 20 years maintaining that thing complete loose in box. At least he managed to save the toy though... that's the main thing really.

perhaps he should have moved it a bit earlier.
    It's because he never plays with it (well, apparently he played with it 3 months ago - the first time he's done so in 15-20 years). I've been bugging him for yeeeaaars to give/sell me that toy since it just spends all of its time languishing in his cupboard not being used. But yeah, he really should've taken that with him.

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    See that's one bad thing I hear about these mother's who do not respect their grown up kids privacy. Going thru his stuff and deciding arbitrarily like that ... has she not observed or KNOW her son at all?? My mom would never throw anything from my room, unless it was in the bin. She asks me first for items that I might keep coz she knows I collect stuff since I was in elementary. She knows my habits and stuff and as a sign of respect asks.... that is just rude of your friend's mum Gok.
    That's really nice and liberal of your mum. My mum only starting taking my TF's seriously after throwing out a minty G2 Rotorstorm box with ALL my instructions, old catalogues, and tech specs that I collected as a kid. I was devastated. With my entire growing collection still being sent to Sydney while I'm working in Melbourne now, I'm still ever afraid that mum will have a Goki's friend's mum moment

new thought, maybe I can make a new one through shapeways...
    That would be super cool! The sky's the limit once I get over the little problem of mastering 3D modelling

It's because he never plays with it (well, apparently he played with it 3 months ago - the first time he's done so in 15-20 years).
    At least he enjoyed it once before the inevitable

Fall of Cybertron Dinobot Destructor pack... the build that looks like Slag is called Snarl, and the build that looks like Snarl is called Slug.

Fall of Cybertron Dinobot Destructor pack... the build that looks like Slag is called Snarl, and the build that looks like Snarl is called Slug.

Reckon it should be snarl and snare then swoop and sludge

Everytime i seem to move, i seem to loose a tf!!!

Just put together my first Kreo, Starscream of course, and what a waste of time! Won't be buying anymore of them. Painful to assemble and very average to view.

I agree. The only thing I like about them are the Kreons, but it's not worth collecting the whole set just to get one. Hopefully they'll release those individually packaged Kreons here.