Page 137 of 183 FirstFirst ... 117127132133134135136137138139140141142147157 ... LastLast
Results 1,361 to 1,370 of 1829

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Had TR Voyager Megatron for less than 24hours, the stickers on the wings are already falling off!
    The recent rash of stickery bots with dodgey stickers has to be an opening for Reprolables to do full replacement sets.

Stickers are something that Transformers moved away from in 1996, replacing it with more highly detailed sculpting and superior paint applications. It's nothing more than a cost-cutting measure.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    They emailed back saying they couldn;t be more specific and to give me an exact date would be misleading and they (the dude writing it) respects me too much for that.
    That's pretty patronising.

I realise that person might think they're being polite, but.... lol. He probably could care less about the problem

(I'm making a joke about there about people not understanding some phrases and usage. )

The one that I find myself hesitant to use is "Do you mind ~~" I've met so many people that use it incorrectly. I've been asked, "Do you mind if I (sit here/use this etc etc) and I answer, "No." They assume I don't want them using/ sitting etc. Get offended and leave. Well, if you're going to be offended, don't ask the question like that.

BTW, that usually happened in Australia...

I lost my CYB Shortround. Don't suppose anyone has a spare?

TakaraTomy have pushed back their MP Artfire again, so now it won't be out before my 60 days at HLJ ends.
    It was originally listed for May 9th, then it was pushed back to May 19th.. now it is May 26th.
    My 60 days at HLJ is May 24th, so now it won't be released before they automatically ship my oldest items... and even if MP Artfire gets charged on May 24th, it still wouldn't be in the "warehouse" before they automatically send my 60 day items.

And to make it even more annoying, I didn't ship my MP Megatron in early April because I wanted to wait until MP Artfire and Legends Godbomber were released, as they were both originally listed within my 60 day window.
    Then when both were pushed back about a week, Godbomber was going to miss my 60 day window, I was annoyed, but still okay with Artfire making it... now that both will miss my 60 days, it's REALLY annoying, because I could have had my MP Megatron 5 weeks ago if I had known these two toys were going to be pushed back (I had no pre-order items for April after Megatron on the 1st).

Now to send my items out... and just hope that MP Artfire doesn't get released before May 24th at HLJ.

Grrrr. Just opened my TR Topspin I got from work today, went to transform him. Step one remove the Headmaster. Step two, try and get a grip on the Headmasters head that is stuck in the socket of the of the body. Does HasTak not inform their factory staff that the head needs to turned 180 degrees to be easily removable?

I had no issue with my Topspin, but I've had a few QC issues with other figures. I think that this is the price we (don't) pay for having our toys manufactured in developing nations like China and now Vietnam. Labour there is cheap. Very cheap. If you want better quality labour then HasTak would need relocate manufacturing to an industrialised nation, but that would also massively jack up the cost of the toys - possibly to the level of third party figures.

Look no further than Lego to see what I mean. Lego is expensive, especially when you compare it with cheaper brands like Kre-O etc. But this is because Lego bricks are manufactured in industrialised nations like Denmark, Germany, Croatia etc. The packaging may state that some manufacturing is done in developing nations like China or Mexico, but by this they mean that the packaging is made in these countries (boxes, plastic baggies etc.). The actual bricks themselves are made in European countries. This is the reason why Lego is so damn expensive. Lego sets based on licensed properties (e.g. Star Wars, Marvel, DC etc.) are even dearer because of course you're also paying for the property licences. But you very rarely hear reports of QC issues with Lego. It's not fool proof, but generally toy lines like Lego will experience a far small number of QC issues than companies like Hasbro who outsource their manufacturing to cheaper countries like Vietnam.

Lego has said the product that is made in Mexico for the American region and China for the Asian region to reduce shipping cost/time, not labour. I'm not sure if we get Europe's supply or Asia's supply.

Anyway, my point still stands that because Transformers are manufactured in cheaper labour markets like Vietnam, it's not completely surprising that there may be quality control issues. The average Vietnamese full time worker earns nearly four hundred times less money* than the average Australian full time worker. These workers just don't get paid nearly enough to give a hoot about inserting a Titan Master in a certain way that makes it easier to pull out. So long as the toy is assembled and packaged correctly, then as far as they're concerned they're doing their job right.

----------------------------------------------------------
    *https://www.livingin-australia.com/salaries-australia/
    https://www.vietnamonline.com/az/average-salary.html

bowspearer Guest

Unhappy I just don't get the blind hatred for G1 Ironhide's toy

One thing which honestly annoys me with Transformers fans is the number of them who rip into the G1 Ironhide figure because it lacks show accuracy.

Yes, the figure is nothing like the design Floro Dery went with, but how on earth is it the fault of a figure for failing to be animation accurate when it was originally unveiled more than 2 years prior to said show.

Furthermore I don't get how so many people who claim to be into G1 could be so uninformed about Diaclone or the nature of Diaclone figures.

After all, Ironhide was one of the first 5 Transformers toys to ever be released (the Powerdashers and Sunstreaker were the other three), while as a powered mecha, the Onebox Cherry Vanette is an awesome figure whose only negative was that to my knowledge it only came with one diaclone pilot.

Let's face it, the concept of a van splitting in two and turning into giant power armour akin to the AMP suits in Avatar and a 2 seater half track mobile battle station is pretty freakin awesome.

The way I see it, the problem is that people look at this:

And think of this:

When they should really be thinking of this:

After all, when the battle station and power armour are both combined and fully crewed, here's what you wind up with:

How is that not a brilliant feat of engineering for a transforming mecha designed possibly as early as 1980? How is that not a brilliant toy, when viewed as piloted mecha, even today - poseability issues aside?

I seriously don't get how people could claim to love Transformers, yet be so lacking in knowledge, have no apparent desire to inform themselves and then turn around and trash what is an amazing toy for the era it was made in and quite possibly even today?