Page 150 of 183 FirstFirst ... 130140145146147148149150151152153154155160170 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 1829

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    Garrr. Either Greatshot or Grand Max turned up at my local Australia Post DC this morning but they won't deliver it because TLTC shipped the two in seperate boxes under the one consignment.

I know Grand Max is big but considering I had my LG Fort Max arrive from HLJ along with other Transformers that were released the same month in the same box as Fort Max I see no reason TLTC should be splitting up orders in seperate boxes for a domestic delivery.

Also how is it that one of the boxes got to the local DC this morning but the other one won't be here till Friday. Australia Post is just great isn't it!

It might have something to do with the cubic weight (overall dimensions of the box.)
    HLJ (and other international stores) can send big boxes because their shipping cost is generally based on dead weight, not cubic weight. But sending a big box inside Australia is expensive because Aus Post calculates the postage price based on either dead weight, or cubic weight - whichever is the greatest.

I don't know for sure if that's the actual reason TLTC split the shipment or not though. Just a theory.

After 13 years my Chewbacca Transformer finally succumbed to GPS.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    And that's why I never play with my GPS figures and move them very carefully.

Galvatran Guest

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNm9VAVgdpw

I have BW Magnaboss and the Silverbolt component looks like he's about to lose one of his wings. So I may have to avoid disassembling the combiner or Silverbolt could end up in the same boat.

That is bad... and I doubt that counts as an "exclusive" as there would be listings by other smaller businesses or private sellers of the five toy set. I bet there would be a lot of annoyed collectors who did the same as you did, as the five toys were being released this month and there would have been cheaper options.
    Maybe it is just exclusively expensive...

At least the Asia exclusive Dinobot set a few months ago came in an exclusive outer box, but was just the five toys in their regular packaging.

It could be a TakaraTOMY Mall exclusive for Japan, similar to how say MP Star Sabre was a Toys R Us exclusive here. This isn't the first time though. I have 2 versions of Energon Energon Strongarm - the regular store release that I bought here, and the limited store exclusive from Japan. Do you know what the difference is? Absolutely nothing. Aside from the fact that my exclusive Takara version is missing an arm because that's how I got it (it was a freebie ). Or heck, back in 1985 Takara released Reflector as a regular mass store release set, but a year later Hasbro released them as a limited mail-away exclusive. There's no difference between the toys aside from packaging.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Maybe it is just exclusively expensive...
    Ha ha ha yeah, I think thats the one personally
    It could be a TakaraTOMY Mall exclusive for Japan, similar to how say MP Star Sabre was a Toys R Us exclusive here.
    I'm trying to work out how this a TTmall original though, as I can just go and buy the individual figures not only at the local shops, but also from TTmall.

The exclusivity is me using a single webpage to put all 5 figures into the shopping basket? Is that it? I dunno.

I did notice that on Hun-Grrs box, there are images of him without his head. Is that new?

I can't seem to find anything on the actual page that states that these toys are "originals" or "exclusive" to TakaraTOMY Mall though. It does say 'Original' near the top of the page but without any context to it. Do they mean that these are original (new) moulds rather than repaints of pre-existing moulds? That's mostly true. The word "exclusive" doesn't crop up anywhere either. <shrugs>

-----------------

My own vent: just a few minutes ago I was carefully separating my reissue God Ginrai and one of the clips that attaches Godbomber's leg to Ginrai's foot snapped off. I've since superglued it back in. Just as well I recently got LG Godbomber for cheap, but yeah, probably not going to combine my reissue G1 Godbomber anytime in the foreseeable figure.