Page 151 of 183 FirstFirst ... 131141146147148149150151152153154155156161171 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1829

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I It does say 'Original' near the top of the page but without any context to it. Do they mean that these are original (new) moulds rather than repaints of pre-existing moulds? That's mostly true. The word "exclusive" doesn't crop up anywhere either. <shrugs>
    Going from previous experience on the site, that orange original mark is on such figures such as:

Which seems to indicate some type of TTmall only option, or at the very lease, not regular retail.

As opposed to
    Hun grrr
    Blot

Which do not have the original mark.

I think its a fair interpretation that the "set" would be more than just the normal guys packed in a box.

I don't care that it's not an exclusive TBH, but I wonder why they bothered marking it with the 'original' like that

Yeah, the inconsistency at least seems odd. Unless they're planning on releasing Hun-Grr and Blot as regular retail figures. Or it could be that they forgot to add those marks to those two pages. Maybe you should call them and ask as sometimes errors on websites go undetected until someone asks. I remember when Encore Ironhide and Ratchet came out and the online survey for those toys weren't running until I called TakaraTOMY and asked them about it -- then about a day later it was working.

Galvatran Guest

One of my pet hates is seeing returned toys at the retail store that has deliberately been damaged or switched to get a full refund.

It happened today at Target Werribee. (Why am I surprised). There was a Studio Series 01 Bumblebee that had it's roof detached & returned in car mode (it's boxed in bot mode). Obviously this individual got off on transforming BB at least once then didn't bother to transform it back to bot mode for a full refund. So... this returned toy is now discounted for $17 (normally $34) BUT who the f**k is gonna buy it now?

While I'm here... saw the one-armed Optimus Prime statue at Toys'R'Us Toyworld. It could have gone to a loving home.

In what can best be described as an attempt at TF customising alchemy, I just melted a TR Triggerhappy.

(Thankfully one of the $10 ones. And I saved all the pins and screws, so not a complete loss)

M-Bot's Customs logo by M-bot2011

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms
    While you're there, click the "LIKE" button!

Quote Originally Posted by Galvatran View Post
    One of my pet hates is seeing returned toys at the retail store that has deliberately been damaged or switched to get a full refund.

It happened today at Target Werribee. (Why am I surprised). There was a Studio Series 01 Bumblebee that had it's roof detached & returned in car mode (it's boxed in bot mode). Obviously this individual got off on transforming BB at least once then didn't bother to transform it back to bot mode for a full refund. So... this returned toy is now discounted for $17 (normally $34) BUT who the f**k is gonna buy it now?

While I'm here... saw the one-armed Optimus Prime statue at Toys'R'Us Toyworld. It could have gone to a loving home.
    The closest I ever got to buying a TLK Nitro Zeus in the wild was one that had been returned to Target Midland that had one of the boosters snapped clean off.

What an expletive.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Quote Originally Posted by M-bot View Post
    In what can best be described as an attempt at TF customising alchemy, I just melted a TR Triggerhappy.

(Thankfully one of the $10 ones. And I saved all the pins and screws, so not a complete loss)
    "Farewell Triggerhappy! Farewell!" (Best Galvatron voice)

**Misfire & Slugslinger looking on very worried**
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

I hate having more ideas for TF customs than I have time to execute them. Wish I had the ability to be as prolific as Snaketales.

To follow M's Toy Customs of Facebook, visit: https://www.facebook.com/MsToyCustoms

I hate having more ideas for TF customs than I have time to execute them. Wish I had the ability to be as prolific as Snaketales.
    Amen to that!
    WANTED BOTS: G1: Horri-bull, Snarler, Mainframe, Chop Shop, Ransack CHUG: Spin Out, Cordon, Brotropolis Rescue MASTERPIECE: Acid Storm
    ENERGON: Six Shot

Definitely not someone who cares for the environment then

Yeah, nah, our year twelve muck up day involved burning our big foam couches, the very dark black smoke billowing out wasn't the grandest moment of my life.
    I still function.....................while killing threads. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    Definitely not someone who cares for the environment then

Yeah, nah, our year twelve muck up day involved burning our big foam couches, the very dark black smoke billowing out wasn't the grandest moment of my life.
    To be fair, it was more a “warped beyond repair or restitution” rather than “properly melted”.

I have sometimes pondered our hobby - while each of us individually only has a tiny stake in the toy industry, it is one that consumes a huge amount of plastic materials each year. I wonder if my carbon footprint is significantly bigger than it would otherwise be as a result.