Page 156 of 183 FirstFirst ... 136146151152153154155156157158159160161166176 ... LastLast
Results 1,551 to 1,560 of 1829

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

I brought Generations Rattrap to work today; was planning on bringing a different BW TF every day in honour of Larry DiTillio's passing... and one of the beast legs has fallen off and I have no idea where.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    I’ve been opening some TFs I’ve had for a while and it’s like one disappointment after another. I don’t know if I’m being more picky/fussy or if quality is going down. I think it’s more the former but the latter is also true. But it’s possibly also just a sign of fatigue after 35 years. I think I want to get rid of more stuff and setting a very high bar for what I keep.
    Looking at the list you posted on Twitter the other day there were a few in there that were less than stellar toys I thought.

I skipped inferno as I thought it was a repaint for repaints sake.
    The voyager Alpha Trion was a bit meh in general, as were most of the voyagers in that line I thought.

The Elita-1 is OK, I'm happy to have her because of the potential other combiner and she's the only incarnation of that character we ever had. Also, I've heard she does it better than the starscream version of the mould.

Blitzwing was a surprising letdown to me, I'm not sure what I expected but I prefer the previous generations version.

Dreadwind and Blackwing are nice updates, but I feel they should have had dedicated voyager moulds with powermasters and a new core transformation rather than rehashing aerialbots.

The Ss Grimlock looks great but I'm a bit disappointed with his articulation and lack of tabbing bits together in dino mode.

I can't comment on the siege stuff, and I've skipped the other movie stuff you have as I'm happy with what I've already got.

So I don't think you're being harsh, perhaps you're not being selective enough in your purchasing given your collection reducing habits over the last couple years. On the other hand, you've had a chance to play with these, now you can sell them for a bit less second hand, you probably got 5 or 10$ worth of entertainment out of them.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Blitzwing was a surprising letdown to me, I'm not sure what I expected but I prefer the previous generations version
    I quite like TR Blitzwing, although admittedly I only paid $15 for it.

I had to cancel my pre-order for Masterpiece Beast Wars Megatron from HLJ on Monday because I wasn’t going to be able to afford it this fortnight.
    This morning I wake up to find they have charged me for Megatron and he’s now sitting in my pile of loot
    And now my account is overdrawn
    I mean, part of me is happy since I didn’t end up missing out on this masterpiece. But now I am broke till next Thursday.

The tips of the wing mirrors on my DOTM Deluxe Sideswipe have yellowed despite the fact that this toy has always been stored in a dark toy room. The yellowing is also uniform and does not seem to be occurring on any other part of the toy as would be more typical on toys suffering from photodegradation. I suspect that the yellowing may be occurring as a result of the rubbery plastic simply ageing.

Not massively devastated as I was never a massive fan of this toy.

Just opened my POTP Nemesis Prime I got form HLJ a little while ago.
    One of the hinges on the leg panels broke when first transforming it. Now I can’t get it back into robot mode :/

Quote Originally Posted by Firestorm View Post
    Just opened my POTP Nemesis Prime I got form HLJ a little while ago.
    One of the hinges on the leg panels broke when first transforming it. Now I can’t get it back into robot mode :/
    Contact them for a refund/exchange?

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Contact them for a refund/exchange?
    Yeah, that’s probably what I’m gonna do.
    Looks like they still have some in stock. So hopefully I can exchange without issue.

Jellico is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I have no love for the Movieverse but with Siege so late I have been buying some. I had Drift, Cogman, and Crosshairs sitting on the table as cars and it hit me.

Their alt modes are just sexy in a way the Generations cars aren't and it probably comes down to being licensed.

Worse we will probably never see a licensed Generations figure. Grrr.

I think that's one of the great strengths of Movieformers (on the whole) is that we have seen a lot of licensed or otherwise realistic looking Earthen modes. It doesn't matter what you think about the films, a good toy is still a good toy (and vice versa with bad toys). And when we play with our toys we can head-canon them into whatever we want - we're not bound to whatever is presented in canonical media.

It's really that "Robots in disguise" element that I think is lost when we look at alt modes that don't look like real things. This has long been the case with Transformers; we know that G1 started gradually losing popularity when they shifted away from licensed vehicle modes and gravitated more towards fantasy modes. Compare the 1986 Autobot Cars and Jets with those that came before (e.g. Bluestreak vs Blurr or Starscream vs Scourge etc.). The Early G1 ("Gee Wun") years are by far the most popular for G1 fans and it was certainly the height of G1. We see increasingly fewer fans with interest in the Middle and Late G1 years. It's little wonder the the bulk of G1 MPs are based on characters from the Early years (1984-86), or "Retro Gee Wun" characters like Road Rage, Cordon etc. Star Sabre is the only MP I can think of who's based off a Middle G1 (1987-89) character and I can think of zero Late G1 (1990-93) MPs.

I don't mind CHUG toys having alt modes that are approximations of real things rather than being licensed. Compare say Universe/Henkei Sideswipe with Siege Sideswipe for example. The former was produced when HasTak didn't have the Lamborghini licence so they had to make it a vague approximation of a Lamborghini. Siege Sideswipe on the other hand is still an approximation but not at all vague. It's practically a Lamborghini of a fictitious model. But I personally prefer Henkei Lambor because even though it doesn't have distinctive Lamborghini parts on it, it looks more like an actual car than Siege Sideswipe. Things like having tail lights, exhaust pipes, number plates etc.

Yes, I know that it's because Siege Sideswipe is meant to be Cybertronian (although that's the most Lamborghini looking Cybertronian not-a-Lamborghini I've ever seen!).