Page 163 of 165 FirstFirst ... 143153158159160161162163164165 LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1647

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

  1. #1621
    Join Date
    28th Feb 2009
    Location
    Katoomba
    Posts
    2,194

    Default

    Not really venting because I knew it was coming but I pulled universe Megabolt out of storage and triggered the flip up cannon/helmet gimmick, when I went to reset it the hinge connecting the helmet snapped off. The tabs that lock his arms in giant head mode had already broken off years ago.

    So I cleaned up the helmet sanded back the broken bits and he now has a removable helmet.

  2. #1622
    Join Date
    30th Dec 2007
    Location
    Japanicus Minimus
    Posts
    7,261

    Default

    I love that Megabolt toy.

    My vent. I was cruising the shops looking at toys, and wanted to look more, but didn't want to touch anything because of virus paranoia

  3. #1623
    Join Date
    27th Dec 2007
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    36,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I love that Megabolt toy.

    My vent. I was cruising the shops looking at toys, and wanted to look more, but didn't want to touch anything because of virus paranoia
    You silly sod. Just wash your hands after touching stuff.

    Megabolt Megatron was arguably one of the best toys of 2002. Although it helps that there were only two new TF moulds released in 2002 (him and AAOP). Man 2002 was a frustrating time to be a TF collector!

  4. #1624
    Join Date
    30th Dec 2007
    Location
    Japanicus Minimus
    Posts
    7,261

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You silly sod. Just wash your hands after touching stuff.
    Yeah I know, but japanese shops rarely have soap in the toilets. Plus I had a train ride before getting home and didn't want to risk touching my face.

    It was only movie toys on the shelf anyway, so temptation was extremely low

  5. #1625
    Join Date
    28th Feb 2009
    Location
    Katoomba
    Posts
    2,194

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Megabolt Megatron was arguably one of the best toys of 2002. Although it helps that there were only two new TF moulds released in 2002 (him and AAOP). Man 2002 was a frustrating time to be a TF collector!
    The engineering on him is great, the head mode could almost pass for a Quintesson, switch out the crab legs for tentacles.

  6. #1626
    Join Date
    5th Feb 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Man 2002 was a frustrating time to be a TF collector!
    I was 12 and had sporadic internet access so was convinced that the brand was sadly dead.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

  7. #1627
    Join Date
    27th Dec 2007
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    36,490

  8. #1628
    Join Date
    13th Nov 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Wow! So frustrating!

    Out of interest, did you glue the arm in the position for combined mode/beast mode or for robot mode?

  9. #1629
    Join Date
    27th Dec 2007
    Location
    Sydney NSW
    Posts
    36,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Wow! So frustrating!

    Out of interest, did you glue the arm in the position for combined mode/beast mode or for robot mode?
    Robot mode.

  10. #1630
    Join Date
    25th Jul 2015
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    74

    Default

    I hate that they package TFs in robot mode. I haaaaaate it. It is far more satisfying to turn it from alt mode to robot out of the package. There is no joy of discovery when its already in robot mode. I know that might sound weird given we see pictures of the robot all over the internet well in advance and all over the packaging itself but dammit it's not the same.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •