Page 163 of 183 FirstFirst ... 143153158159160161162163164165166167168173 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 1829

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Not really venting because I knew it was coming but I pulled universe Megabolt out of storage and triggered the flip up cannon/helmet gimmick, when I went to reset it the hinge connecting the helmet snapped off. The tabs that lock his arms in giant head mode had already broken off years ago.

So I cleaned up the helmet sanded back the broken bits and he now has a removable helmet.

I love that Megabolt toy.

My vent. I was cruising the shops looking at toys, and wanted to look more, but didn't want to touch anything because of virus paranoia

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I love that Megabolt toy.

My vent. I was cruising the shops looking at toys, and wanted to look more, but didn't want to touch anything because of virus paranoia
    You silly sod. Just wash your hands after touching stuff.

Megabolt Megatron was arguably one of the best toys of 2002. Although it helps that there were only two new TF moulds released in 2002 (him and AAOP). Man 2002 was a frustrating time to be a TF collector!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    You silly sod. Just wash your hands after touching stuff.
    Yeah I know, but japanese shops rarely have soap in the toilets. Plus I had a train ride before getting home and didn't want to risk touching my face.

It was only movie toys on the shelf anyway, so temptation was extremely low

Megabolt Megatron was arguably one of the best toys of 2002. Although it helps that there were only two new TF moulds released in 2002 (him and AAOP). Man 2002 was a frustrating time to be a TF collector!
    The engineering on him is great, the head mode could almost pass for a Quintesson, switch out the crab legs for tentacles.

Man 2002 was a frustrating time to be a TF collector!
    I was 12 and had sporadic internet access so was convinced that the brand was sadly dead.
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Wow! So frustrating!

Out of interest, did you glue the arm in the position for combined mode/beast mode or for robot mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Wow! So frustrating!

Out of interest, did you glue the arm in the position for combined mode/beast mode or for robot mode?
    Robot mode.

I hate that they package TFs in robot mode. I haaaaaate it. It is far more satisfying to turn it from alt mode to robot out of the package. There is no joy of discovery when its already in robot mode. I know that might sound weird given we see pictures of the robot all over the internet well in advance and all over the packaging itself but dammit it's not the same.