Page 164 of 183 FirstFirst ... 144154159160161162163164165166167168169174 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Strongly agree. Cos spoilers much!

Having said that, because a lot of toys are packaged in robot mode these days, I find it a bit annoying if I need to find a YouTube video when working out a difficult transformation (most recently did this for MP Convoy ver 3.0), and reviewers start it from alt mode and then transform to robot mode. Even in some of those "Just transform it" videos. I can understand it in reviews because you don't want to ruin the surprise, but if you're making a video to explicitly showcase how to transform a toy and not review it, then I think it makes sense to start in the order of which the toy is packaged in. There are a few videos that show you how to transform the toy both ways - but I had to search through a few videos before I found one that did that for MP Convoy - and it's not as simple as reading the video title. I'd click on each video then "scan" by moving my mouse cursor along the progress bar to see if the video shows transformation from robot to alt before then searching again and repeating the process.

Also, there are a small handful of exceptions where I'm glad the toy was packaged in robot mode, but these are toys that have fantasy alt modes rather than realistic ones. One example is Siege Omega Supreme. I avoided watching or reading any reviews of this toy before I got mine, and I'm so glad that I did because I was very delighted to discover that his forearms don't separately disconnect and reconnect to form the rocket! I was pleasantly surprised to find out that this toy has minimal partsforming! I feel that this would not have been as much of a surprise if the toy had been packaged in rocket base mode. But ultimately it's really about savouring the surprise and not having the first experience of marvelling a good toy's design and engineering being spoiled for you. Because it'd be as silly as say watching a Star Wars movie where the opening text crawl just tells you a major plot point that you didn't already know! <wry.laughter>

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Strongly agree. Cos spoilers much!
    . Because it'd be as silly as say watching a Star Wars movie where the opening text crawl just tells you a major plot point that you didn't already know! <wry.laughter>
    It wasn’t a spoiler! The message was heard before the movie....

“At last the work of generations is complete,” Palpatine said. “The great error is corrected. The day of victory is at hand. The day of revenge. The day of the Sith!”

So that started a search.... where did the voice come from? Is it really Palpatine? Cue Ben wreaking havoc!

The amount of b*tching going about gen selects Rotorstorm, they've given you something you wanted but oh, oh the f**king moaning about it being a *repaint* of Siege Spinster.

Just the entitled attitude of fans these days, these figures were planned years in advance, at the time it may not have been in the budget to give him toy accuracy let alone a new mould for the head.

And don't at me, I literally do not care why you feel slighted by a toy company.

It's a symptom of the modern world. Too much disposable income, freedom and internet access.

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    The amount of b*tching going about gen selects Rotorstorm, they've given you something you wanted but oh, oh the f**king moaning about it being a *repaint* of Siege Spinster.

Just the entitled attitude of fans these days, these figures were planned years in advance, at the time it may not have been in the budget to give him toy accuracy let alone a new mould for the head.

And don't at me, I literally do not care why you feel slighted by a toy company.
    I just wanted a minor remould of a new head to go with that the paint. It would have taken it from lazy repaint to being about as good as you can do without a brand new mould.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

I think the Gen Selects Rotorstorm is on the whole amazing!

The way they've deco'ed the chest to look like the cockpit is inspired.

The head is the only let down for me. The head is so distinctly Spinister that to see it tried to be anything else just doesn't work/ I appreciate that it wasn't in the budget, but it would be something I leapt at if there was fix or upgrade for.

I cannot wait to get Rotorstorm! Late G1 is sorely under-represented in CHUG and it's just fantastic to see more love for characters from the later years of Gen 1.

Okay, having a new head would have been preferable, but I'm perfectly happy to get Rotorstorm with Spinister's head sculpt too. After all, CHUG Pyro/Spark is a straight up repaint of Universe Inferno without any new head, but in echoing Deonasis' thoughts, a new head would have been nice but the existing figure is still much appreciated anyway. I feel the same about Rotorstorm. If we can accept Pyro with an Inferno head then I'm sure we can get over Rotorstorm with a Spinister head. At least the body and alt mode match up, unlike CW Blast Off 1.0.

P.S.: That BotCon 2010 review thread reminded me that there are a few more characters that I needed to tick off on the How much of G1 would you like to see as CHUG? thread. I've also marked all BotCon exclusives in red, and looking at all the Late G1 CHUGs I can see that Overlord is the only Late G1 character that's already been done as CHUG. And only by a technicality since that is a Hasbro G1 list (if we included Takara G1 then Overlord would be Middle G1, meaning that the current number of non-convention exclusive Late G1 CHUGs = 0). But yes, let's complain about a head sculpt on what will be the FIRST unequivocally non-con exclusive Late G1 CHUG toy.

Spinister is fine, I guess. I really like the mould but I don't think it really suits the character, or original toy. If I come across it for cheap I might grab it but there's every chance that the third installment of this trilogy might have a more representative version of the character.
    My Fan interview with Big Trev

my original collection from when I was more impressionable.
    My Current Collection Pics (Changing on occasion)

I don't own the Spinister, so might get this one. I have the TFCC figure, literally a few weeks before he was revealed. Sure the head doesn't evoke Rotorstorm, but you can bet there will be a 3P head coming already. And hell if I get good with printing, I might make one myself. I'm already getting my dad to do some printing for me to upgrade another helicopter into Rotorstorm though.

But yes, there's alot of people in this world turning into petulant children.

Let's not write off the head just yet, as the listing for it does mention a new head sculpt. This could be the yellow eyes/blue eyes Prime thing all over again.

Edit: also like the doors on MPM Ratchet. Recent pics have shown that the doors have been adjusted to match the rest of the paintwork.
    Last edited by Tha_Phantom; 1st July 2020 at 11:49 AM.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.