Page 165 of 183 FirstFirst ... 145155160161162163164165166167168169170175 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 1829

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    The amount of b*tching going about gen selects Rotorstorm, they've given you something you wanted but oh, oh the f**king moaning about it being a *repaint* of Siege Spinster.

Just the entitled attitude of fans these days, these figures were planned years in advance, at the time it may not have been in the budget to give him toy accuracy let alone a new mould for the head.
    100% agree.

1) Rotorstorm, the original toy didn't actually even HIT the USA back in 1992. For American fans, this is actually his first mass release they've got access to.
    2) It's such an obscure toy/character, the fact they're doing him at all is a plus, in my books
    3) Biting the hand that feeds much? Be happy that Hasbro are giving you the character
    4) Generations Selects exists. They've set up a series JUST to give the collectors access to things that probably wouldn't fly at mass retail... they didn't have to DO that.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

Sure. Don't bother with repaint job. Just plonk him in a box & clearly label him as Rotorstorm. Anyone who says otherwise is an elitist sob.

Quote Originally Posted by Unicran View Post
    Sure. Don't bother with repaint job. Just plonk him in a box & clearly label him as Rotorstorm. Anyone who says otherwise is an elitist sob.
    [mod] This post feels like it's purely trying to stir the pot (IE troll). If that's not the case, please clarify your statement.

Eagerly waiting for Masterpiece Meister

As an objective fan that is happy to praise and objectively criticise Hasbro, without fear of losing the current relationship that I have, I have to echo a previous criticism I have made against Hasbro.

Botbots...

Having multiple packs of duplicates, forcing people to be stuck with several spares just to get the ones they want, or the full set.
    Each series should have had all of the figures released as single packs, and have multipacks just contain one theme or tribe, so that each multipack has no duplicates.

I just finally completed the set for Series 4 (the blue bubble packs), and since we have only had the single packs released in Australia so far, this was only possible by importing the multipacks from Amazon, and securing the last elusive toy from ebay (at significant cost).

The result is ending up with just over 160 Series 4 Botbots, and there are only 69 different toys. That's about 90 duplicates, or about an extra $300 spent, because each time I ordered the multipacks from Amazon America, it was a random selection, so it would take several purchases to get the packs I needed... and even then, I still decided it was probably cheaper to hit up ebay for the last toy I was missing, than to take a chance on getting the multipack it was released in.

Looking ahead to Series 5, there are only 60 different toys in that series, but Hasbro are releasing the same number of single packs, 5-packs and 8-packs that they have released in the previous Series that had about 70 toys. That means a lot more duplicates, and a lot more money needing to be spent completing a set, or to just collect the ones that you want, because the odds are worse.

This is NOT a kid-friendly concept, from a "kids" toy company, and Hasbro should be ashamed of (still) having this practice forced on kids (and collectors), to make them buy more product than they want to purchase, or can afford to purchase. If it ends up limiting the amount of product that kids can purchase out of the larger number of packs being released, it will result in retailers being stuck with slower moving product in later Series, and kill off what could have been a long-running (VERY) profitable toyline.

I know your pain, griffin. I decided to grab the series four multipacks from eBay after it became evident they weren't coming here. Think I paid something like $200 for four sets which breaks down to $10 per BotBot.
    Lucky I'm not a completist, but there were a few I wanted from the multipacks that you can't get separately.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Why not have a dedicated BotBot BST thread for this sort of thing here and/or on the FB page?
    Maybe a minimum spend of $20 or something to make postage worthwhile if not trading? I dunno, I guess the seller can work that one out

Not a full-fledged Vent exactly, but one or two things that have occurred over the past few days that I wish Hasbro/Takara would do.

1) Scrap the clear plastic windshields when they're part of a larger/major part of the figure, and just do it in black/painted solid colour as appropriate. These days it seems like most of the clear windows/windscreens just reveal a bunch of folded-up robot parts inside the toy, and make the section less sturdy to boot. If that's the case I'd rather just have solid-colour black/light blue/silver/whatever, regular non-translucent plastic, and have the toy less prone to breakage as a result.
    It hasn't been an issue for me with windshields etc, but my Arms Micron Breakdown's head broke a year or two after I had it 'cos the whole thing was made out of clear plastic for the light-piping. That kind of sucked.

2) Make toys of the same character, in the same line, of the same size-class headswap-compatible. Studio Series Shatter has two different heads across two different Deluxe toys, but you can't switch them out. Same thing for the Siege and Earthrise Voyager-class Seekers. Having the ability to swap heads would mean you could have battle-mask/no-battle-mask versions of characters (e.g. Movieverse characters/toys), and mix things up a bit with heads for the seekers. It'd involve a little bit more design work (though not much), but it'd open up a small-yet-significant option for customisability and make having multiple versions of the same character/mold feel like a bit less of a waste/duplication.

So I got 3 soundbarrier, and just picked up 3 Slitherfang....

“Hey, i should make them a hexagon....”

But it didn’t look quite right.... the slithers are 4mm shorter than the barriers.

Surely they should have made all the ramps the same size!

Gens Select Turtler was made available for order again on Takara TOMY Mall but it quickly sold out so I couldn't get one

Discovered a crack in my Daytonus yesterday so had to buy a replacement. Thankfully I was able to get one for $20 posted on eBay, but still annoying I've had to repair/replace more figures from RID 2001 than any other era in my collection.

Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.