Page 167 of 183 FirstFirst ... 147157162163164165166167168169170171172177 ... LastLast
Results 1,661 to 1,670 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Opened my Selects Hubcap yesterday and the back of the car is missing!

Zing is all sold out based on the website, so I'll have to take it up with Hasbro direct, but not hopeful based on previous attempts for replacement parts
    Call around some local Zing stores or go to any Zing/EB store and see if their computer can tell them which stores have one in stock.

***This is my own personal experience and may not apply to you!***
    I've been noticing more and more lately I've had to modify my CHUG toys to get them to function as they should. For instance, I've spent the last 2 days going back and forth filing down the inside of Select Tigertrack's shoulder cannon and then applying clear nail polish inside so the missle fits in just right. I think I'm finally there, but this has been a very annoying process.
    The list of toys I've had to modify this year include:
    - Earthrise Grapple (I know everyone had to file down the crane pegs)
    - Earthrise Ironworks (filing down a 5mm port)
    - Studio Series Blitzwing (filing down part of an arm so the wing can sit flush in alt mode)
    - Earthrise Snapdragon (filing down cockpit window so it opens easily)
    - Selects Hubcap (filing down an arm so it can swivel properly)
    - Selects Tigertrack (filing down 5mm port on shoulder cannon, filing down blemish on leg)

That's just the figures I've been able to fix. I've also had to do a few returns on figures this year as well. Maybe I'm becoming less tolerant of such imperfections, maybe the QC has dropped this year or maybe I'm just really unlucky. I hope 2021 is better for me (and others if it's also happening to them).

And yes I am aware of my consumer rights, but I try to avoid resorting to exchanges where I can. My vent is that it's becoming more and more necessary.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post
    I've been noticing more and more lately I've had to modify my CHUG toys to get them to function as they should. For instance, I've spent the last 2 days going back and forth filing down the inside of Select Tigertrack's shoulder cannon and then applying clear nail polish inside so the missle fits in just right. I think I'm finally there, but this has been a very annoying process.
    - Studio Series Blitzwing (filing down part of an arm so the wing can sit flush in alt mode)
    - Selects Tigertrack (filing down 5mm port on shoulder cannon, filing down blemish on leg)

That's just the figures I've been able to fix. I've also had to do a few returns on figures this year as well. Maybe I'm becoming less tolerant of such imperfections, maybe the QC has dropped this year or maybe I'm just really unlucky. I hope 2021 is better for me (and others if it's also happening to them).

And yes I am aware of my consumer rights, but I try to avoid resorting to exchanges where I can. My vent is that it's becoming more and more necessary.
    That seems incredibly unlucky. The only issues I've had are the Grapple peg holes and My Snapdragon's Headmaster's screw had stripped the thread on the plastic. (A little glue and it was fine).
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    That seems incredibly unlucky. The only issues I've had are the Grapple peg holes and My Snapdragon's Headmaster's screw had stripped the thread on the plastic. (A little glue and it was fine).
    That's good to hear! I do hope it's just me.
    Looking to buy lucky draw Armada Prime and Diaclone Marlboor Wheeljack.

There is a dishonest collector in my local area.
    Ive have noticed occasionally a toy will appear on shelves at the local Kmarts or Big W's that does not match it's box.
    It looks like someone is buying new toys, but returning the box with an old toy in it.
    Today i spotted a 2010/11 Deluxe Optimus prime in a Siege Scrapface box.
    Its frustrating and I'm not even sure if the workers care that they've been stitched up.

Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Phantom View Post

I've found myself similar frustrated with breakages. I am naturally someone who breaks toys a little more than others, and more often than not they make me treat the figure like fragile glass afterwards.

Some of my mishaps:

- Encore 20a Hook (sliding torso rail piece snapped off)
    - Thrilling 30 Whirl (little triangles/points on back of his legs broke off)
    - Thrilling 30 Crosscut (whole right arm broke off at the socket, unfixable)
    - United Ramjet (post on little mini torso wing broke off)
    - Generations 2010 Thundercracker (post on torso wing broke off, same as Ramjet)
    - Platinum Edition Swindle (small taps on the main torso piece snapped)
    - Siege Shockwave (pulling on the hose to disconnect eventually snapped it)
    - POTP Swoop (minor issue, beak went loose then doesn't full close after adding nail polish/glue to joint)
    - Earthrise Grapple (common post issue- really disappointing)

Quite recently as well, the post from my MP Grimlock's sword broke off and is stuck in the little hole it slots into, which really sucks as he is one of my favourites. Some of these issues are my fault for pushing too hard, but a lot are just simple things you would normally do when playing with or transforming the figure, which can be really frustrating.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Ok, I got a QC issue today.

My 2 standard Quints from Amazon arrived along with my Pit of Judgement from RK.

On the standard Quints they ship with two faces removed that have to be placed by the end user. Unfortunently one of the faces on one of my standard Quints was a real pain in the ass to put on the body.

It seemed like the top most clip on the face was not properly moulded and took a tonne of effort to force into the slot.

All the other faces went on super easy.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

When you're a MISB collector, life's easy

Quote Originally Posted by Silverbolt View Post
    There is a dishonest collector in my local area.
    Ive have noticed occasionally a toy will appear on shelves at the local Kmarts or Big W's that does not match it's box.
    It looks like someone is buying new toys, but returning the box with an old toy in it.
    Today i spotted a 2010/11 Deluxe Optimus prime in a Siege Scrapface box.
    Its frustrating and I'm not even sure if the workers care that they've been stitched up.
    You should report it. At least get management to prompt staff to be more vigilant in future.

My robot heroes Shrapnel has gone all sticky. None of my others seem to be affected