Page 19 of 183 FirstFirst ... 914151617181920212223242939 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    If I recall correctly, TFSource was actually one of the first websites to make available the pre-order for United Artfire. Initial price was $165 + postage. After the other major websites placed their Artfire pre-orders, TFSource re-adjusted their price.
    BBTS has it for $150
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

I opened up Fort Max the other day only to find he's starting to yellow
    He hasn't been out in the sun or anything
    all i can put it down to is maybe a hot room..
    It's not that bad yet but against the styro it's noticeable..

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    The only way you're going to stop that from happening is to have it in a temperature controlled sealed vacuum in complete darkness. Even then that will only slow down the process. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Certain plastics degrade faster when in contact with other classes of plastics (or the chemicals in other materials)... and Fort Max is one that has a fair bit of it in direct, prolonged contact with styrofoam. I wouldn't know for sure if the styrofoam is doing it, but if temperature, humidity, dust and UV aren't factors, the contact with other materials is one to consider.
    But as noted above, eventually, all Fort Maxes will degrade & discolour... some will just do it faster than others. They were produced a quarter of a century ago... and weren't designed to last forever.

Quote Originally Posted by griffin View Post
    Certain plastics degrade faster when in contact with other classes of plastics (or the chemicals in other materials)... and Fort Max is one that has a fair bit of it in direct, prolonged contact with styrofoam. I wouldn't know for sure if the styrofoam is doing it, but if temperature, humidity, dust and UV aren't factors, the contact with other materials is one to consider.
    But as noted above, eventually, all Fort Maxes will degrade & discolour... some will just do it faster than others. They were produced a quarter of a century ago... and weren't designed to last forever.
    Let us hope that all the above is rendered null with regards to the upcoming Reissue.

Quote Originally Posted by Geigerrock-2 View Post
    I lost a lot of good TFs to discoloration when I had them in storage for a year. They were all wrapped in paper, then in a box and in a dark room, however it was not temperature controlled and up here in the North it is hot for most of the year. Also the humidity may have played a role. It was a hard way to learn when I pretty much thought it was just sunlight that would do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    I lost a lot of good TFs to discoloration when I had them in storage for a year. They were all wrapped in paper, then in a box and in a dark room, however it was not temperature controlled and up here in the North it is hot for most of the year. Also the humidity may have played a role. It was a hard way to learn when I pretty much thought it was just sunlight that would do it.
    The only G1's I have are the ones from my childhood, and recently I was digging through the garage where they were stored for the last 15 years or so. Found the cardboard box, which was moved on top several other boxes and sealed with scotch tape to prevent dust from entering. Not sure how or when it happened, but a very small amount of moisture must have made its way through as several of the figures had discoloured due to rust corrosion; the plastic around the corrosion had become incredibly brittle and one or two parts had snapped off. G1 Skullcruncher was thankfully in the same loved condition - slightly loose from tons of playwear (he used to be a squad leader for the Targetmasters). Micromasters were packed in a plastic bag and were all in really good condition.

Since moving, half of my current collection (BW to current) is wrapped gently in bubble wrap, and the other half are in Glad wrap. This was done about two years ago. I've been considering re-packaging all of them into Glad wrap bags in case I don't get an opportunity to release them for the medium-long term.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    OMG... United Artfire's only JUST come out, and already he's being scalped by some sellers. These guys are charging $145 for one (or $140 if the box has some flaw) <--- that's more than DOUBLE the original price!
    I am finding TFsource to be generally terrible now that I do the majority of my TF buying online. They really liberally estimate release dates for toys (I'm assuming to muster up pre orders) and then just keep ploughing through them. FOC Starscream was listed as being available in October on their site, and still said so until December at which point they change it to saying available in December. Now they've changed it to available in January.

Business will be going elsewhere next time, I only ordered there because they were one of the few places that said they'd have them at the end of October.

Usually I'm a robotkingdom guy but they weren't selling what I was after in this case (just gen FOC Starscream - RK was selling the entire wave case)
    I'm really just here for the free food and open bar.

Finally decided to open up my Alternators collection for display, and was down to a few of the last ones I had to open and Wheel jack was one of them and to my surprise their is no engine mounted in the engine bay??? WTF.... How can something like that be missed!!! It the engine for god sakes, looks like poor old wheeljack is going to do the Flintstones trick of driving by foot power....

Q/C at its best......

the torture of others sparks is music to my sensors!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hursticon View Post
    Let us hope that all the above is rendered null with regards to the upcoming Reissue.
    I cannot think of any Takara(TOMY) reissue that came with a Styrofoam tray. Brave Maximus came in a cardboard tray (with a beeotchload of twist ties!!), so I'd expect something similar for Encore Fort Max. Tin snips at the ready!