Page 20 of 183 FirstFirst ... 1015161718192021222324253040 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    The only G1's I have are the ones from my childhood, and recently I was digging through the garage where they were stored for the last 15 years or so. Found the cardboard box, which was moved on top several other boxes and sealed with scotch tape to prevent dust from entering. Not sure how or when it happened, but a very small amount of moisture must have made its way through as several of the figures had discoloured due to rust corrosion; the plastic around the corrosion had become incredibly brittle and one or two parts had snapped off. G1 Skullcruncher was thankfully in the same loved condition - slightly loose from tons of playwear (he used to be a squad leader for the Targetmasters). Micromasters were packed in a plastic bag and were all in really good condition.

Since moving, half of my current collection (BW to current) is wrapped gently in bubble wrap, and the other half are in Glad wrap. This was done about two years ago. I've been considering re-packaging all of them into Glad wrap bags in case I don't get an opportunity to release them for the medium-long term.
    Great idea, if you can gather up enough of those "don not eat" moisture absorbtion bags it would go a long way to stop any further damage.

Unhappy

My War Breakdown's head just snapped off.
    He doesn't even have light piping, why is his head connector made out of translucent plastic?
    Not as bad for me as it would be for people who paid a bundle to import the guy, but still...finding a replacement isn't gonna be easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    My War Breakdown's head just snapped off.
    He doesn't even have light piping, why is his head connector made out of translucent plastic?
    Not as bad for me as it would be for people who paid a bundle to import the guy, but still...finding a replacement isn't gonna be easy.
    That's really too bad Odie Is there anyway you could fix the head connector with some good old Loctite 406? I managed to fix a 1mm antennae for FP Bruticus this way, recommended by VERT. They're an Australian company, so you'll probably need to get one off eBay (cheapest price I found was around $20 posted).

I was really considering getting Silas Breakdown (which would make my third Prime purchase), do you know if the same head connector is made of translucent plastic as well?

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!

Cheers dude, I might look into that when I'm back in Oz come July. One of my best friends here is the manual arts teacher at my Jr High, so I'll ask him about it too.

I don't have Silas Breakdown myself, but looking at the online pics it looks like TT went for translucent plastic for SB as well. That said, it's a great mold (except for the stupid choice of head connector materials) so I recommend it anyway.

My wife was discussing my tf collection at her work. One coworker said "this is what's wrong with the world, adults buying kids toys"

She defended it to her etc, but what a bitch

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    My wife was discussing my tf collection at her work. One coworker said "this is what's wrong with the world, adults buying kids toys"

She defended it to her etc, but what a bitch
    Ha ha ha! Sure, that is the cause of most of the problems of modern society.... I'd say your wife's co-worker is a bigger problem to the world than adults collecting kids toys.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Ha ha ha! Sure, that is the cause of most of the problems of modern society.... I'd say your wife's co-worker is a bigger problem to the world than adults collecting kids toys.
    Hahaha!!! I wonder what the b*$ch buys

haha she probably buys those collector plates in the TV guide magazine

Adults buying kids' toys?... She's nailed it on the head. Time to quit the franchise and bring balance back, boys and girls.