Page 25 of 183 FirstFirst ... 51520212223242526272829303545 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

/RAGE I'm so sick of Hasbro not releasing so many waves here. Why Hasbro, why make me order from overseas why I'm willing to walk into a local store and pay your inflated Australian pricing?

Oh well, time to order from BBTS again.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    /RAGE I'm so sick of Hasbro not releasing so many waves here. Why Hasbro, why make me order from overseas why I'm willing to walk into a local store and pay your inflated Australian pricing?
    Oh well, time to order from BBTS again.
    IMO, retailers are just as guilty, DP. Ordering excessive quantities, sitting on old stock and not moving them to make room for new lines. On the other hand, if Hasbro only has boxes of wave 1 ordered, that's all that the retailers will get. 50/50 on both supplier and retailers. They really need to find a balance, somehow.

What will we have on the TF shelves this year with pretty much everything not coming AUS?
    There isn't too much BH stuff, so I'm puzzled as to what will actually be on our shelves.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    IMO, retailers are just as guilty, DP. Ordering excessive quantities, sitting on old stock and not moving them to make room for new lines. On the other hand, if Hasbro only has boxes of wave 1 ordered, that's all that the retailers will get. 50/50 on both supplier and retailers. They really need to find a balance, somehow.
    Didn't Hasbro say at the Melbourne Toy Show that they had been trying to tell the shops not to buy huge quantities of Wave 1.
    Something about the initial wave of people buying the figures would give them a false sense of demand and that only if they get the next wave will they have a chance of keeping that demand high.

Makes sense.
    |Buy ALL my things!|Collection Thread|Current Collection Count: ~661|
    |Wants|Galaxy Force Blue Rumble|

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Phoenix View Post
    Didn't Hasbro say at the Melbourne Toy Show that they had been trying to tell the shops not to buy huge quantities of Wave 1.
    Something about the initial wave of people buying the figures would give them a false sense of demand and that only if they get the next wave will they have a chance of keeping that demand high.

Makes sense.
    Sure does, GP. It's a vicious cycle: Excessive/old stock on shelves, slow sales, no new lines. Lots of other factors involved behind the scenes too.
    Ultimately, they're sitting on the stock & if the majors don't change their attitudes towards product turnover, be it TF or any other lines, we'll see a lot more waves being skipped.

A Hasbro AU rep once told me that they did offer TFP FE to retailers and even showed sample toys to retail purchasers, but none of them picked it up. So apparently the problem wasn't so much about Hasbro not wanting to release the toys here, but a lack of interest from retailers in selling them.

P.S.: The manager at the Myer I went to called me today and offered an unreserved apology for the way I was treated. He said that the person in question will be spoken to about the way she should be speaking with customers, and he offered to give me a 'better deal' on my next purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    A Hasbro AU rep once told me that they did offer TFP FE to retailers and even showed sample toys to retail purchasers, but none of them picked it up. So apparently the problem wasn't so much about Hasbro not wanting to release the toys here, but a lack of interest from retailers in selling them.
    An interesting point. Who was in FE? Prime, Megatron, Arcee, Bulkhead, Bumble, Vehicon, Starcream? I cant remember all of them.
    What would the buyers have thought when Hasbro said the next few waves will contain all of those same figures plus more under one banner?

An interesting point. Who was in FE? Prime, Megatron, Arcee, Bulkhead, Bumble, Vehicon, Starcream? I cant remember all of them.
    And Cliffjumper. Optimus Prime was available as both a Deluxe (in vs set w/ Megatron) and stand alone Voyager.
    What would the buyers have thought when Hasbro said the next few waves will contain all of those same figures plus more under one banner?
    <shrugs> no idea.

Glad they've resolved that Myer issue, Goktimus

From BBTS' FB page regarding Blitzwing/Springer:
    We received an initial shipment however are still awaiting the rest of our order. We anticipate them to be arriving later this month.
    ...so it may very well be June before I see 'em.