Page 27 of 183 FirstFirst ... 71722232425262728293031323747 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by UltraMarginal View Post
    Yea, I've done similar things like that in the past.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Yup, I've done that more times than I can count. Hasbro should give us a discount for helping them sell their toys.
    I remember about 6 years ago looking at the Transformers in K-Mart in Northland Shopping Centre, Melb and some furtive, awkward guy (not an employee) came up unsolicited, trying to give me advice on what to buy. I politely told him that I had over 600 at home and I knew what I was doing thanks.

I wonder if it was someone from here

Wasn't me. When I see other possible collectors looking at TFs in store start off with, "Do you collect Transformers?" or "Are you a fan of Transformers?" -- sometimes I accidentally meet OTCA members for the first time IRL by doing so! (e.g. Suspectimus Prime, Starscream77 )

What I want to know is, are there any board members that met their partners in a toy aisle?
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Nope... but I did used to go out with a girl whom I would bring toy hunting as part of our dates (she was a TF collector too ).

#TFPrime spoiler#

Just did a Primathon with couple of episodes in a row and finally I finished Prime season 2(I know, 1:30 on a Monday morning..won't be prodcutive on Mondays anyways)

The CGI is very very awesome. Most of the characters are interesting and this alone gets me to buy toys. But personally I feel that there are just too many things that don't make any sense throughout the show (Fowler fights off an armada of Vehicons and Insecticons alone, in a human chopper which is not even a gunship, and he got out effortlessly with only Wheeljack's help and even had time to save the lady..meanwhile the Autobots just returned to base to do whatever and didn't even wish him good luck..So I guess Fowler's life is nothing compare to the kids'. Come on!) , so bad to the point that I wanted to turn my computer off a couple of times. I understand this is a kid's show but kids have common sense too. I bet older kids will sometimes feel the same way as I do.. I'm not complaining about the big plot line, just the small details that really turn me off. I feel like they're wasting good animation with this medicocre writing.

G1 was goofy and all but it was 30 years ago..To me Beast Wars has the best writing and very good attention to detail. Even now when I'm re-watching BW I don't think I can find anything that completely dosn't make sense.

Maybe I'm just too critical of movies/tv shows in general. But I don't find Prime has any re-watching value at all.

Yo Alternators Smokescreen, why you so hard to panel-line up?

BTs/ALTs are much like MPs in that you have to ensure that everything is transformed absolutely correctly. If you have even a single part not aligned perfectly then it can affect the entire transformation. So if your Smokescreen's parts aren't lining up right, I recommend going back several steps and trying again. Hasbro's crappy instructions also don't help. #BinaltechFTW

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    BTs/ALTs are much like MPs in that you have to ensure that everything is transformed absolutely correctly. If you have even a single part not aligned perfectly then it can affect the entire transformation. So if your Smokescreen's parts aren't lining up right, I recommend going back several steps and trying again. Hasbro's crappy instructions also don't help. #BinaltechFTW
    Masterpiece Rodimus is the king of that.

FRICKEN IDIOT SALES ASSISTANTS!!!

Rang the Target in Swan Hill last night. Here is the discussion between me and a 19yo sales assistant:

Me: Hi, I know your toy sale starts next Tuesday night. I wanted to find out if you will be getting in a Transformer I'm after. It's called "Platinum Edition: Ultra Magnus" It's a Target Exlusive.

Them: Oh um, I can't see it on the shelves. I don't think we have it.

Me: Yes I know you don't have it yet, I wanted to know if you are getting it in for your toy sale next week.

Them: What size is it?

Me: It's fairly big in a stylized box.

Them: No, I can't see it. The only big Transformers we have I can see are Optimus Primes.

Me: No, I know you don't have it yet. I want to know if you are getting it in for your toy sale.

Them: Whats it called again?

Me: "Platnium Edition Ultra Magnus". It's a Target Exclusive.

Them: An Ultra Magnet

Me: No (gritting teeth), Ultra Magnus

Them: No, well if it excludes Target we woudln't be getting it anyway.

Me: No, it's exclusive TO Target!

Them: Oh, then yes we should be getting it in.

Me: So you are getting it in?

Them: Where did you see it?

Me: Your online Toy Catalog

Them: Well, then we should be getting it in

Me: So are you getting it in?

Them: Well I don't know. No-one here would know

Me: (with a mixture of disbelief & exasperation) You don't know what toys you are getting in for your toy sale?!

Them: No, we just take what we are given

Me: Click

So I am going to trek down there today, catalog printed out in hand and hit them up in person. Our Target is that small that there is a good chance they wont get it in so hopefully if I can get someone to understand they can order it in for me.

P.S: I posted this in the Target Toy Sale thread but I am that irritated I had to post it again in the vent section

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    FRICKEN IDIOT SALES ASSISTANTS!!!

Rang the Target in Swan Hill last night. Here is the discussion between me and a 19yo sales assistant:

Me: Hi, I know your toy sale starts next Tuesday night. I wanted to find out if you will be getting in a Transformer I'm after. It's called "Platinum Edition: Ultra Magnus" It's a Target Exlusive.

Them: Oh um, I can't see it on the shelves. I don't think we have it.

Me: Yes I know you don't have it yet, I wanted to know if you are getting it in for your toy sale next week.

Them: What size is it?

Me: It's fairly big in a stylized box.

Them: No, I can't see it. The only big Transformers we have I can see are Optimus Primes.

Me: No, I know you don't have it yet. I want to know if you are getting it in for your toy sale.

Them: Whats it called again?

Me: "Platnium Edition Ultra Magnus". It's a Target Exclusive.

Them: An Ultra Magnet

Me: No (gritting teeth), Ultra Magnus

Them: No, well if it excludes Target we woudln't be getting it anyway.

Me: No, it's exclusive TO Target!

Them: Oh, then yes we should be getting it in.

Me: So you are getting it in?

Them: Where did you see it?

Me: Your online Toy Catalog

Them: Well, then we should be getting it in

Me: So are you getting it in?

Them: Well I don't know. No-one here would know

Me: (with a mixture of disbelief & exasperation) You don't know what toys you are getting in for your toy sale?!

Them: No, we just take what we are given

Me: Click

So I am going to trek down there today, catalog printed out in hand and hit them up in person. Our Target is that small that there is a good chance they wont get it in so hopefully if I can get someone to understand they can order it in for me.

P.S: I posted this in the Target Toy Sale thread but I am that irritated I had to post it again in the vent section

I just went down there and they had 16 sitting on the shelves!

The woman could not have done a cursory check when I rang yesterday? Of course not, that would have required some semblence of competence on her part.