Page 30 of 183 FirstFirst ... 102025262728293031323334354050 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Rookie mistake. 5 minutes to go and I missed my chance to bid on a variant Soundwave poster at eBay.com because it redirected me to eBay.com.au to log on before bidding. Then i struggled to find the auction again (eBay sometimes only shows a subset of available auctions). Then as more seconds pass and I bid eBay tells me it cannot ship to my location.. NO SH!T eBay, I was going to use a mail forwarder!! Auction is now over and it sold for $30 less than I was willing to pay before postage.

Sore points
    1) I can log in to eBay.com so I did not need to be redirected to .com.au
    2) If eBay won't let me bid from .com.au then hide/disable the bid button and display a message instead.
    3) If I win a no international auction and try to get shipping to Australia afterwards then I am a dumb eBay user and accept the possibility of forfeiting the item and receiving negative feedback from the seller. eBay does not know where I want to ship the item. Don't nanny me!
    4) I am sooo entitled.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I wonder if that is new, Pretty much 98% of the auctions that I do are no international postage, but about four months ago I had some clown from Italy win one of my auctions that were "does not post internationally". Bloody e-bay.
    I just noticed you are from Charters Towers

P.S. Said clown had no intention of paying

Quote Originally Posted by Jetfire in the sky View Post
    ...I just noticed you are from Charters Towers
    I am in TSV most weekends, if i see a meet i'll try attend.

Bad luck about your auction too. Poor Italians, nobody wants to ship to them due to what i've heard is a dodgy postal service. Can you leave accurate feedback on them as a non-buyer or will they give you poor feedback if you do that?
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

I've noticed a lot of UK sellers specifically stating they won't post to Italy. I didn't bother with negative feedback.

Fricken online shopping! Sorry to keep venting on the same topic but it always seems to go wrong! For the first time ever I bought a comic on ebay (Transformers vs Mars Attacks) as Mechbiter couldn't track it down for me (and he is usually awesome at that stuff!). The seller is some husband & wife that run a comic shop in NSW somewhere.

2 days later the item is marked as 'sent'

2 days after that I get an email from them 'We are sorry, it appears we had sold out of that comic so have had to order one. We will post it to you when it arrives'. So why the slag did they mark it as sent?!

WHAT IS WITH ALL THESE IDIOTS ONLINE (BBTS, EBAY etc) ADVERTISING PRODUCTS ONLINE AND THEN TELL YOU "WE ARE OUT OF STOCK" AFTER YOU HAVE PURCHASED IT?!?! IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT, DON'T ADVERTISE IT AS FOR SALE!!! IT'S COMMON BUSINESS SENSE!

Yeah whata joke, imagine buying food at the supermarket and them saying "oh sorry thats a display box, we will have more in tomorrow"

This is why real life shopping is so much better. You walk in a store - physically see the product there, hold it, buy it, take it home. I know in you're situation it's a lot harder due to you're remoteness BTT...

My PoL shipped this morning. Took just under a week to get out of the warehouse. Perhaps BBTS are getting back on top of things

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    This is why real life shopping is so much better. You walk in a store - physically see the product there, hold it, buy it, take it home. I know in you're situation it's a lot harder due to you're remoteness BTT...
    except that situation isn't always the experience.

-old waves shelf warming
    -exclusives all sold out (i missed out on MP11-Thundercracker. never saw it on shelf) or hard to obtain (MP10, missed the 1st batch but managed the 2nd.)
    -overpriced
    -cost of petrol, parking, other shoppers, cigarette smoke, uninterested or no product knowledge employees. there's probably more that i can't think of now.

they both have their ups and downs but i would hardly say real life shopping is better. at least not in australia :P

my BBTS POL took 11 days to leave the warehouse hopefully it gets here by friday so i have the weekend to play with them.

Quote Originally Posted by kaiden View Post
    except that situation isn't always the experience.

-cost of petrol, parking, other shoppers, cigarette smoke, uninterested or no product knowledge employees. there's probably more that i can't think of now.
    Called the other day out of whim (my partner needed a few mins to get ready, so had 20-30mins to kill) to inquire about BH Sharticon Megatron at a local unnamed chain that I know has at least two shelves of shelf-warming TFs. The response I got was that all TFs were sold out, and there is one left, but it is a helmet that is already on hold for another customer. Could feel several blood vessels in my eyes dying of heat stroke. Did not bother to call another store after that. Not the end-all reason, but it is a good reminder why my pattern of spend in the past 9 months has been online.

変われ! ヘッドマスター! Kaware! Headmaster!
    戦え! ヘッドマスター! Tatakae! Headmaster!