Page 51 of 183 FirstFirst ... 314146474849505152535455566171 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Discreet? I wear Transformers apparel and have a Transformer toy on me all the time! Transfan and proud!

B.A.T.: given your regional location, I can completely understand the advantage of online shopping for you. I used to live in a regional part of Japan -- but thankfully public transport even in rural areas there are still very good, and it was relatively easy, and while the place I stayed in didn't have department stores, there were nearby ones that did (including one near where I had a part time job, so I'd often swing by their toy section after work )

Most of my online shopping experiences have been positive, but I'll still always prefer store shopping. It's like having a phone call with an automated interactive voice response system... it can still work really effectively, but I'll still always prefer speaking to a human being than being served by a machine. <--- just my personal preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post

Buying on-line allows for discreet purchases. Not many of us these days walk into an adult toy shop to buy adult toys.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Discreet? I wear Transformers apparel and have a Transformer toy on me all the time! Transfan and proud!
    Heh - I'm not sure Megatran was talking about the form of adult toys we usually buy I wear my Transformers apparel proudly all the time if I go into town as well But yeah, I think when the internet became mainstream the likes of Club-X and so on took a hit. And who would don the trenchcoat, fedora and dark glasses to go into a shop to buy an adult DVD these days? Like going to Video Ezy to rent a movie - those places are ghost towns! And while I buy much of my TF clothing in public at a place like Jay Jays, lets just say the wife's valentines day gift apparel was definetly ordered on the net

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    B.A.T.: given your regional location, I can completely understand the advantage of online shopping for you. I used to live in a regional part of Japan -- but thankfully public transport even in rural areas there are still very good, and it was relatively easy, and while the place I stayed in didn't have department stores, there were nearby ones that did (including one near where I had a part time job, so I'd often swing by their toy section after work )
    You're quite right Gok That's why I was so determined to just buy the AoE toys locally instead of online like most everything else, because they were some of the very few figures I knew would actually show up where I am That said still waiting for an Evasion Optimus to hit the shelves in my region

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime
    it can still work really effectively, but I'll still always prefer speaking to a human being than being served by a machine. <--- just my personal preference.
    Have you seen some of the potatoes they stick behind a register these days? I feel like grabbing the defibrillator & giving them a buzz

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Have you seen some of the potatoes they stick behind a register these days? I feel like grabbing the defibrillator & giving them a buzz
    Wait they're potatoes!!! It all makes sense now. And all this time I thought they were humans who has trouble speaking and swiping product bar codes. Hah, they're not all bad, but boy have I had some terrible over the top rude people.

Gahhhh! HLJ's preorders for Soundwave and Dino have been up for less than a day and they have sold out. Takara really need to make more of each figure. I don't want to have to pay BBTS or Hasbro HK extortionist prices.

The whole 'Shopping retail is a social experience for me' sounds kind of sad

The most I get out of retail staff is a mandatory by store policy "Hello" and then they scan my stuff, receive my money and that's that. They are indeed like potatoes only with a voice chip

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKyWBBPp4TU

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post

The most I get out of retail staff is a mandatory by store policy "Hello" and then they scan my stuff, receive my money and that's that. They are indeed like potatoes only with a voice chip
    I had to get used to the opposite when moving to the bush. I was used to 20 years of exactly what Kup just stated. Then I moved here and it turned into...

"Hello, how are you today?"

"Fine"
    "Oh. Just fine?" (quizzical look)
    "Umm, oh, yeah, good I guess"
    "Oh that's good, so how has your day been so far?"

and so on... Took some getting used to, the checkout folk actually wanting a conversation and taking an interest. Quite like it now though

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    I have Aspergers so I know I'm not the most friendly checkout operator Woolworths has but if the person doesn't seem like they are angry or rude I will try to make conversation if I know something about the product they are buying. i.e. "You collect Transformers? Me too!..." or "Great game, I really enjoyed it...".

What the... my recent attempt at preordering MP Ultra Magnus from Anime Export just got cancelled again, and I know for sure it wasn't me because I haven't touched anything on my account there since I ordered it again! I've attempted to preorder the toy from them twice now, and both say "cacelled by Admin." At first I thought maybe it was something I'd inadvertently clicked on, but this time I know I haven't changed anything. The hell?!? When I click on "My Orders," it has nothing at the bottom, and when I click on "cancelled" it shows the two MP Ultra Magnus orders that are now cancelled. Screw this, I'm using HLJ. They may be a bit dearer, but their preorder price is still below RRP and they've always been reliable for me.

P.S.: Aaawwww what the ffff... I placed an order for MP22 over half an hour ago, but my order thingy at HLJ's showing up empty and I haven't received any order confirmation email. I just ordered it again... still nothing. GRRAAAAAAAAAAARGH! Haaate online shopping!!! *massive.sigh* If I don't hear anything from HLJ by tomorrow, I'm just gonna use freakin' Amazon. <swear.words>

P.P.S.: Yaaay! The HLJ order now appears in my open orders! What an emotional rollercoaster... (@_@)
    Last edited by GoktimusPrime; 22nd May 2014 at 12:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DELTAprime View Post
    I have Aspergers so I know I'm not the most friendly checkout operator Woolworths has but if the person doesn't seem like they are angry or rude I will try to make conversation if I know something about the product they are buying. i.e. "You collect Transformers? Me too!..." or "Great game, I really enjoyed it...".
    At least you're genuinely attempting to make conversation

Then there are the extras off Shawn of The Dead roaming the sales floor, bumping into the walls who have absolutely no idea what day it is.