Page 55 of 183 FirstFirst ... 354550515253545556575859606575 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

A lot of kids at school have been talking to me more about Transformers, typical question being "Who's your favourite Transformer?" Yesterday a kid in one of my Year 8 classes asked me this question and I said, "Ultra Magnus." Half the kids went, "Who?" but one kid actually knew who I was talking about. The kid who asked the question thought it was a funny sounding name and said, "Wouldn't it be funny if he was a small Transformer inside a bigger one?" and I said, "Well, he pretty much is. He's been a series of load-bearers," then I went on to explain what load bearers are. But the one kid who knew who UM was nodded knowingly at me and said,
    "He's some kind of police officer."
    "Well, he's the Duly Appointed Enforcer of the Tyrest Accord."
    "Yeah! That's it!"

We then talked about Minimus Ambus and the concept of Ultra Magnus being an identity rather than an individual character. I was actually really surprised that a kid in my class knew all this!

After the class finished, he came up to me and showed me some pics on his mobile phone of his Beast Wars collection, including some figures which never came out here (and even I don't have! ), such as Ikard & Takotank, two Clawjaws, Gelshark, Hellscream, Autostinger, Wal*Mart Slapper (I don't have any version of this mould!) etc. A few months ago he also showed me the customisation he did on his Classics Grimlock -- basically touched it up with paints to add in a bucket of gritty details etc.!

Although today he was playing with Deluxe TF1 Jazz in class and I had to prompt him to stop playing with his toy and get one with his classwork. All the while with Generations Drift sitting on my desk (although I never played with it during class, he just decorated my desktop. )

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I hate it when Transformers movies come out. Today one of the teachers at school said "Transformers were my era - I had them all - Starscreen, the Destructobots, those Autobot planes that joined together." I actually had to gauge if he was being ironic. Apparently not. I'm thankful that our field of expertise only becomes dumbass mind-numbing water-cooler conversation once every few years.

Probably were. Sounds like they just don't care enough to give a crap about naming them correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post

Probably were. Sounds like they just don't care enough to give a crap about naming them correctly.
    99% of the worlds population probably don't give a crap either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky Shadow View Post
    I hate it when Transformers movies come out. Today one of the teachers at school said "Transformers were my era - I had them all - Starscreen, the Destructobots, those Autobot planes that joined together." I actually had to gauge if he was being ironic. Apparently not. I'm thankful that our field of expertise only becomes dumbass mind-numbing water-cooler conversation once every few years.
    Sounds like a poser.

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    Sounds like a poser.
    I cringed.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    I cringed.
    I cringed, then laughed

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    A lot of kids at school have been talking to me more about Transformers, typical question being "Who's your favourite Transformer?" Yesterday a kid in one of my Year 8 classes asked me this question and I said, "Ultra Magnus." Half the kids went, "Who?" but one kid actually knew who I was talking about. The kid who asked the question thought it was a funny sounding name and said, "Wouldn't it be funny if he was a small Transformer inside a bigger one?" and I said, "Well, he pretty much is. He's been a series of load-bearers," then I went on to explain what load bearers are. But the one kid who knew who UM was nodded knowingly at me and said,
    "He's some kind of police officer."
    "Well, he's the Duly Appointed Enforcer of the Tyrest Accord."
    "Yeah! That's it!"

We then talked about Minimus Ambus and the concept of Ultra Magnus being an identity rather than an individual character. I was actually really surprised that a kid in my class knew all this!

After the class finished, he came up to me and showed me some pics on his mobile phone of his Beast Wars collection, including some figures which never came out here (and even I don't have! ), such as Ikard & Takotank, two Clawjaws, Gelshark, Hellscream, Autostinger, Wal*Mart Slapper (I don't have any version of this mould!) etc. A few months ago he also showed me the customisation he did on his Classics Grimlock -- basically touched it up with paints to add in a bucket of gritty details etc.!

Although today he was playing with Deluxe TF1 Jazz in class and I had to prompt him to stop playing with his toy and get one with his classwork. All the while with Generations Drift sitting on my desk (although I never played with it during class, he just decorated my desktop. )
    Gok that is the best "feel good" Transformers story I have heard ever.

FOC Impactor has the worst arm design I have ever seen. SO disappointing.

His shoulders actually attach to the body about halfway down his bicep, so he looks like Robbie the Robot every time you try and pose him. On top of that his forearms are shrunken and they only hold on via a tiny ball joint, which on my figure are prone to popping out.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
    FOC Impactor has the worst arm design I have ever seen. SO disappointing.

His shoulders actually attach to the body about halfway down his bicep, so he looks like Robbie the Robot every time you try and pose him. On top of that his forearms are shrunken and they only hold on via a tiny ball joint, which on my figure are prone to popping out.
    A sort of cheaty way around the short arm-i-ness is if you consider the wheel and cover area as the shoulder and rotate the arm forward from there.

I'm just finally thrilled to have an Impactor toy after 28 years of wanting one!
    And it's the kind of toy that they could've done as some expensive limited exclusive figure, but instead it's a regular store release -- which happened to be quite cheap here... so yay! But yeah, mine are prone to popping out too.