Page 83 of 183 FirstFirst ... 6373787980818283848586878893103 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateGalvatron View Post
    How much did you pay for him? Local retail or more expensive?
    More expensive sadly. I understand he had to ship it, he will be getting my money when he gets mp malboro

New vent Dog thought thunderblast was a chew toy

Transformers frustration- When I bought MP Hot Rod (Hasbro ver.), unbox the figure the ankle broke. No biggie, went back to ToyRus get a refund, go home, unbox again and the whole leg broke off . Have to go back again to refund, luckily it was fine the third time. Not a happy experience for hasbro MPs.

Quote Originally Posted by JustBulahhh View Post
    Transformers frustration- When I bought MP Hot Rod (Hasbro ver.), unbox the figure the ankle broke. No biggie, went back to ToyRus get a refund, go home, unbox again and the whole leg broke off . Have to go back again to refund, luckily it was fine the third time. Not a happy experience for hasbro MPs.
    That is one of the most poorly designed MP toys ever. I am of the believe they just released a beta version of the mold with no real testing. Plastic tolerances are wrong, transformation is unnecessarily fiddly and the hand designs are clearly bad even with the supposedly 'improved' Hasbro version.

It was the first and only MP toy which I actually felt a bit ripped off after opening.

The Hasbro version was significantly cheaper than the TakaraTOMY one. The TakTOM version retailed for 16800JPY (approx. $180), whereas I got my Hasbro one from TRU for $80, and I later saw it being reduced to $60. So sure, the Hasbro version even with its improvements still carries over many issues from the TakTOM one, but at less than half the price of the Japanese version, I'm not fussed. I had the chance to get the Japanese version without needing to pay for postage (I found it while overseas), and I still passed up on the toy because I just couldn't justify the price.

Still, $180-200 for MP9 Rodimus Convoy is arguably a better deal than $150 for TRU's MP Bluestreak

That's not exactly a fair comparison, considering the Takara Tomy one came with the trailer. That said, considering my trailer has been in the box for most of it's life, i don't think it was worth the extra cost either.

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    That's not exactly a fair comparison, considering the Takara Tomy one came with the trailer. That said, considering my trailer has been in the box for most of it's life, i don't think it was worth the extra cost either.
    But just remember, when the trailer is out of the box!

OH YEAH< what a sexy Winnebago! For Space!

Quote Originally Posted by kurdt_the_goat View Post
    Yes, but the Hasbro version has MASTERPIECE OFFSHOOT who is awesome.

I actually quite like MP Firebolt Sparks^Offshoot.

THIS

I'll update this when I'm needing help finding particular figures