Page 95 of 183 FirstFirst ... 758590919293949596979899100105115 ... LastLast

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    After watching the end of RiD2015 Season 1, I feel like getting a Megatronus figure. I don't want that 5 Step Changer, so I went into TRU today to pick up the exclusive Legends class figure, even though it comes w/ a redeco of the Optimus Prime figure which I have zero interest in. Then I saw the $25 price tag. I would've bought this toy today if it weren't so unreasonably priced.
    Because you're worth it.

Just nimble it & move on.
    Last edited by Megatran; 27th July 2015 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Just nimble it & move on.
    I very much needed a smile and laugh tonight, thank you haha.

gah. My first ever MP toy, G2 Bee, has a cracked rear wheel out of the box. Cue rage face.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    gah. My first ever MP toy, G2 Bee, has a cracked rear wheel out of the box. Cue rage face.
    Bugger

I currently have the largest Transformers display in my house that I've ever had. One tall and two short bookcases holding 130 odd TFs both loose and boxed, robot and alt modes. I've always looked at other's collections and thought them cool, but looking at mine, I'm not feeling it. These are all items I want to sell so maybe I'll feel different when I replace them with the toys I like more, but still, maybe a TF toy display just isn't my thing.. I think I might put everything on display once, take some photos and put them away again.

Quote Originally Posted by prjkt View Post
    Who did you order from? Maybe you can get it replaced.
    Which brings us to where we are today...

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    Bugger
    yup

I've sent a couple of pics to HLJ to see what they can do.

If it comes down to it, the wheels aren't visible in bot mode, so I guess I can deal with it... though it did kinda sour my first MP experience. The transformation/engineering though is inspired.

^The MP21 Bumble has suffered some flashes on those wheel rims so im checking the G2 ver as well. (But never imagined they would crack like that)

Quote Originally Posted by Keidatron View Post
    I hate that everything is packaged in robot mode now. It kills the 'ooo, aaah' feeling of changing the toy to robot mode for the first time.
    Very true.
    "I am not a gun. I'm hitting people with a hammer. On Mars."
    The Iron Giant / David Wildgoose

It's funny how Deluxes, Voyagers, Leaders etc. are sold in robot mode, but the One Step Changers are packaged in alt mode. TakaraTOMY packages their MP cars in vehicle mode, but other larger MPs are packaged in robot mode. Hasbro's MP Grimlock was packaged in Dinobot mode, not sure about the TakTOM version as I never got that.

Still, it's never been consistent, even since G1. G1 Autobot Mini-Cars were packaged in alt or robot mode, the Jumpstarters, Pretenders etc. were packaged in robot mode etc. So yeah, I understand the frustration of "toy spoilers," but it's nothing new. The G1 Clones are a special exception to this, as it's their alt modes which are the "spoilers" for them (i.e. seeing how two identical looking robots can become two different alt modes).

prjkt: ouch dude. You should definitely ask HLJ for a replacement part. TakaraTOMY does certainly supply them upon request (but might as well get HLJ to do it on your behalf.