Page 180 of 183 FirstFirst ... 160170175176177178179180181182 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Is this really a mystery? I thought it had been well publicised years ago.
    Super common knowledge. The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is triple the size of France and has a mass of over 87Mt.

I also know that nobody in a position of power in Hasbro gives a damn about this, and that they're just doing it for positive marketing, but in the end the why does not matter, so long as they do the thing. Every little bit (pun intended) matters.
    Yeah, this. It's funny seeing people almost suggest that Hasbro shouldn't try to help the environment because their motives aren't pure.

KELPIE is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Is this really a mystery? I thought it had been well publicised years ago.

Small, light pieces of plastic end up being washed into the ocean (from landfill, from bin spills, from dumps, into storm drains and then rivers - and lighter plastic is blown as well as washed), where they float with the currents into great swirling masses of small bits of plastic. On the way, and when in the swirl, they are a real hazard to marine life.

A whole toy is very unlikely to be washed into the ocean in the first place. I'm not saying it won't or can't happen, but simple numbers mean that the small bits are the majority of the problem.
    Except the whole toy gets broken into pieces on its way to landfill which very easily follows the same path as the plastic slip.

To be fair, I'm not saying something shouldn't be done. I'm just playing devils advocate. Also, as a MISB collector, I'm more affected than others.

I just hope people place themselves under the same lens when talking environmental impact. Just the simple manufacturing and shipping of our luxury hobby is a burden on the environment.

JJJ is online now Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I try to yes, but I'm also not going to make perfect the enemy of good. The only plastic garbage I buy is Transformers and MOTU (and really, those stupid little plastic straps that MOTU comes swathed in are far worse than a sheet of plastic). Not that I have any interest in almost everything else, but I do avoid wherever possible encouraging the use of plastics. Modern life makes it hard, though, when most things come wrapped in multiple layers of unnecessary plastic.

In moving, I've found that I have managed to lose some pieces to some of my TFs

Nothing major that means I cannot enjoy the toy, but little bits that make it less complete - Generations Hound's shoulder cannon, Masterpiece Dinobot's eye beams, Masterpiece Bumblebee's rear numberplate.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    In moving, I've found that I have managed to lose some pieces to some of my TFs

Nothing major that means I cannot enjoy the toy, but little bits that make it less complete - Generations Hound's shoulder cannon, Masterpiece Dinobot's eye beams, Masterpiece Bumblebee's rear numberplate.
    I hope you're just in the same boat I was after my renovations last year. I lost the head of my Titan Master Getaway. I finally found it months later caught inside my Leader Class Jetfire's chest cavity.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

SS Gamer Ed Bumblebee. Trying to get his legs into car form infuriates me no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Keidatron View Post
    SS Gamer Ed Bumblebee. Trying to get his legs into car form infuriates me no end.
    The trick is making sure his lumbar is tabbed securely into the roof shell bit, otherwise grief will ensue. The first time I transformed him, it was an untabbed squeeze-fest.

Not sure what's going on with the BB Jungle Mission 3 pack, but the first set I got had 2x Wheeljack's blaster and no weapons for Nightbird, and then the replacement pack had 6 instruction booklets (i.e. 2 copies for each figure)... might be one to open soon after you buy it in case you need to do a return.

Quote Originally Posted by Dimi194 View Post
    Not sure what's going on with the BB Jungle Mission 3 pack, but the first set I got had 2x Wheeljack's blaster and no weapons for Nightbird
    You and SarhBear are reverse twinsies.

http://www.otca.com.au/boards/showth...178#post659178