Page 170 of 183 FirstFirst ... 150160165166167168169170171172173174175180 ... LastLast
Results 1,691 to 1,700 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    When I search for Transformers on facebook there is a local seller who sells Transformers from the Netflix series for an approx 50% markup... This person is an obvious reseller.
    Super frustrating.

The only way to vanquish scalpers is to starve them of income. We all vote with our wallets.
    If a toy is a priority purchase for me then I'll either pre-order it or purchase it ASAP after release (depending on order of priority). Non-priority toys would be the ones that I don't pre-order or immediately purchase in stores, which means that I'm fine with never owning those toys. Either way I don't feed the scalpers.

Some resellers are so random, not all have the same objective. Some buy up sets and sit on them and sell them later when they disappear from retail, I can understand this as income, and I really dont have a problem with it as long as the product they are buying is not rare. But how many resellers would ever see this as a problem, almost nil. I will never buy something marked up if its a new release at retail. Im prepared to wait or miss out. So people who buy new releases just arrived at retail, just to sell them are opportunists. I cant see this as income something else drives them. Maybe the profits are meant to reduce personal expenses, because maybe the reseller is also a collector who is trying to fund other personal purchases? Anyway its an annoying practice no matter the reason.

I?m not the only one I know, but the seekers and coneheads as exclusives is aggravating!! I could of just bought them and paid more than I should have, but couldn?t bring myself to accept the price. I?m like saying to myself I could buy a Titan instead. They should of been in the selects range, at least we can get those.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim Prime View Post
    Opened my Selects Hubcap yesterday and the back of the car is missing!

Zing is all sold out based on the website, so I'll have to take it up with Hasbro direct, but not hopeful based on previous attempts for replacement parts

Good end to the story. Zing had a replacement in Burwood.

Quote Originally Posted by Defcon View Post
    Maybe the profits are meant to reduce personal expenses, because maybe the reseller is also a collector who is trying to fund other personal purchases? Anyway its an annoying practice no matter the reason.
    There are so many better ways to reduce the cost of toy collecting without inconveniencing other collectors.
    Also, the beauty of having set price points is that we can predict how much toys will cost months in advance, giving us the chance to save up before the toys are released.
    e.g. G1 Studio Series. We know which figures are Deluxes and Voyagers, and we have a rough idea of how much a Deluxe and Voyager costs - even if you just save up for max RRP, yeah, you're set. It's not like in the days before Beast Wars when we didn't have set price points. Or disposable incomes because it was the 80s to mid 1990s and most of us hadn't started working yet.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    There are so many better ways to reduce the cost of toy collecting without inconveniencing other collectors.
    Yes 2 minute noodles, cut down on junk food and snacks, don?t buy coffee, and also don?t buy any new clothes. I have used these ideas to cut down on spending otherwise I feel like , well I know I am overspending, then I enjoy my purchases less. But sometimes I?m not bothered because I?m so used to it, it?s a hobby that costs money.

Looking at add on sets and upgrade kits for TFs on Thingiverse and Cults and while looking at the ER Astrotrain kit I realise that I've lost or my Astrotrain never came with a 2nd missile pod -_-

Guess that's part of the reason why I got a 3d printer but still... -_-

I think it only came with one - an off choice I know, but i don't think you could store two within the tender.

This really ****es me off. Porsche will license their cars to an R rated game with graphic violence, graphic sex, and drug use, but they won't license their cars to Transformers.

https://twitter.com/CyberpunkGame/st...538552832?s=20
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.