Page 160 of 183 FirstFirst ... 140150155156157158159160161162163164165170180 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 1829

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Minor irritation, but stores that sell opened returns/store damaged items at full price as if they're brand new annoy me.
    Case in point:

Who in their right mind could look at this and go "yeah this is suitable for sale", it should be marked down if they intend on selling it.
    The customers obviously don't want it as this is the only Transformer of note in the store and has been there like this for a month or two.
    On the plus side, at least it's the correct toy in the box. Kmart in Minto NSW for anyone that's curious.

That's pretty bad form. Sheesh.

My Vent. I bought Rung, for uh, I don't know why... He was cute? I don't read Tf comics anymore and I have no idea who or what he is. Never mind, I am sure Tf wiki can help me out with a quick character description and what he is.

Sadly no. It has a paragraph about someone not remembering his name and says he is the ship's spyche doctor or something. However from Gok's review in the Battlemasters review thread there is more to Rung than just that. But without having to read the whole damn page on him (which I am not gonna do), I can't tell why he is significant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    That's pretty bad form. Sheesh.

My Vent. I bought Rung, for uh, I don't know why... He was cute? I don't read Tf comics anymore and I have no idea who or what he is. Never mind, I am sure Tf wiki can help me out with a quick character description and what he is.

Sadly no. It has a paragraph about someone not remembering his name and says he is the ship's spyche doctor or something. However from Gok's review in the Battlemasters review thread there is more to Rung than just that. But without having to read the whole damn page on him (which I am not gonna do), I can't tell why he is significant.
    Big spoilers for the MTMTE/Lost Light Comic, in the last issues it was revealed

spoiler Rung is Primus in the IDW comic universe but due to complicated reasons to explain quickly everybody has forgotten that, including himself. He transforms into a device that created the Matrix of Leadership end spoiler

He was very popular character in the James Roberts comics but if you're not a fan / haven't read those.

Many people freely discuss this spoiler these days, captioning photos of the toy with it, and I wish they didn't.

He's god. He was originally Primus, a member of a pantheon of 5 gods known as the Guiding Hand which was comprised of:
    * Primus = god of life and light
    * Solomus = god of wisdom
    * Epistemus = god of knowledge
    * Adaptus = god of transformation
    * Mortilus = god of death

Primus/Rung transforms into a Matrix forge -- yeah, he created the Matrix. After the God War, Primus ended up being rendered "permanently forgettable." Primus also forgot who he was and became a psychiatrist & psychologist known as Rung (his name being a reference to Carl Jung (yeah, I know )). Rung would eventually remember who he was, but then he transformed into his alt mode and forged twelve Matrices and (along with his friends) saved the day. Forging 12 Matrices caused Rung to disintegrate and soon everyone, including his friends, forgot that he ever existed.

Btw, how far along is the Japanese translation of the IDW comics? When I was last in Japan in 2017 I picked up a copy and it was 7 years behind. If they haven't picked up the pace then Japan may not catch up this Primus/Rung story until 2025.

Many people freely discuss this spoiler these days,
    And some go further, giving plot spoilers too

The first few issues of the MTMTE and RID series were recently translated and published in Japan. Cool covers.

https://news.tfw2005.com/2019/08/10/...-covers-394352

It'd be nice if people could try and measure toys properly for reviews. I've been looking at review threads for some Legends/Scout Class toys to compare it with Earthrise Cliffjumper's estimated height of 8.89cm [Google], and I'm seeing some different review threads for retools/repaints of the same mould with different heights reported by different thread authors. I'm talking about differences as much as two centimetres, which for an action figure is pretty big. This is kinda like saying that someone is 1.9m tall (like griffin) when they're actually only 1.7m tall (like me ). I know that we're not working with rocket science here and measurements don't have to be super exact, but uh... if we could try to even get it right to the nearest centimetre... that'd be great.

e.g. if one person were to measure a toy at 8.89cm and someone else measured it at 9.13cm... both can just round it off to 9cm.

P.S.: yes, I know that I can just measure these toys for myself, but it's late and I just wanted to have a quick look before going to bed... it'd be nice if the info on review threads were more accurate for quick referencing. Cheers.

So you spent the time to trawl the internet for a bit of super unimportant info and then typed up a massive reply instead of going and grabbing your own figure to measure?

That is a level of laziness that almost approaches my own. Where you lose points is the complaining part. I wouldn’t have been bothered to complain. I would have just gone to bed.
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

If I want to know the height of a Transformers I go to Dave Van Domelen's reviews. He's usually pretty consistent in listing the height of the robots (and length of vehicle). I've been reading his reviews for 20 years and I think he even stills posts them to A.T.T.!

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    Big spoilers for the MTMTE/Lost Light Comic, in the last issues it was revealed.....
    Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    Btw, how far along is the Japanese translation of the IDW comics? When I was last in Japan in 2017 I picked up a copy and it was 7 years behind. If they haven't picked up the pace then Japan may not catch up this Primus/Rung story until 2025.
    Ah, OK, thanks for the exposition guys. AT least I know I can rely on this pplace for good info

As for the JP IDW comics, I have no idea. After my teen-early 20s splurge of comics, I haven't gotten back into getting them and haven't bothered reading any English comics since some issues of the Sonic The Hedgehog comic I used to get. I don't even know where to go looking for comics locally That's how out of touch I am at the moment.

I don't even know where to go looking for comics locally
    Says the person living in a country that uses more paper to print comic books than toilet paper [Schodt]. Try any bookstore which are practically everywhere. I came across my Japanese IDW comic at a little bookshop in a train station. And second hand comics are dirt cheap over there.