Page 172 of 183 FirstFirst ... 152162167168169170171172173174175176177182 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,720 of 1829

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Sinnertwin View Post
    Blame the people that keep scalpers in business.
    ^This so much. The best way to eradicate scalper scum is to never buy from them.

Something that mildly bothers me about the character art on the Studio Series 86 boxes... the fingers are all out of proportion.

It's no secret that on a human(oid) hand, the longest to shortest digits are the middle finger, index finger, ring finger, pinky finger and thumb. I know that the Transformers are alien robots, but most G1 Transformers are designed as anthropomorphic robots; they have humanlike faces and body proportions etc. And in the original G1 designs, they all had proportionately humanlike hands (as you can see on the fist sculpts, G1 packaging art, G1 comics, G1 cartoon, books etc.) - it's already established in G1 canon that they're meant to have humanlike hands.

Obviously it's not a deal breaker as I've already purchased all of these toys, but it's just something that has not gone unnoticed. It's also made me decide not to keep the boxes. I'll keep the diorama backgrounds, but I'll be chucking out the boxes. The rest of the art is fairly nice (except for Kup's expression of constipated dull surprise ), but yeah, not convinced to keep the boxes.

I hate all these exclusives and their limited availability. This year I had to pay way too much on ebay for Skywarp and Thundercracker, Ramjet and Dirge (which I still don't have as the seller is in Japan and TT Mall haven't sent their stock out yet) and Netflix Soundwave.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Yup, I'll possibly never get hold of the Coneheads, which I consider essential parts of a G1 collection.

Why did you end up paying too much for Netflix Soundwave?

Quote Originally Posted by JJJ View Post
    Yup, I'll possibly never get hold of the Coneheads, which I consider essential parts of a G1 collection.

Why did you end up paying too much for Netflix Soundwave?
    My local Kmart never got him. They only got sent more of Wave 1 when Wave 2 was being sent to other stores.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

JJJ is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

I'm sick of Hasbro's crappy distribution, the last-wave-of-the-line fade out, and the slacker laziness of Big W shelf-stackers (have I mentioned how they put out exactly one half of a case of Earthrise W3 deluxes and would not get the rest?).

I finally have Sunstreaker and Trailbreaker on the way, but could I get them from a damned shelf? No, I had to buy them from a Melbourne importer. At this point I am convinced that they never will show up on shelves in Mildura; the next re-stock I see will have Kingdom or even SS86 toys.

But at least I know the whole last-wave-is-a-mirage thing exists so I can do something about it. Did not know about it for Siege's last wave...

They'll probably show up close to next year like how Siege Wave 5 started showing up randomly late last year.

I miss toy shopping in Singapore. One of my favourite places is Takashimaya, where people right now are seeing this.

I'm really annoyed that I've been put into a position to chose either to possibly miss ER Sunstreaker or pay a premium/inflated price. I chose to pre-order at a higher than normal/retail price, but I'm not happy about it. (At least it was an online Aust business). I dont even think its that good a figure. On top of the higher price, I will probably have to buy toyhax labels and upgrade kit since its inexcusable that he does not come with a weapon. (C'mon Hasbro, seriously?).
    TF Figs of 2023:
    1) WnR Springer
    2) Legacy Bludgeon
    3) Legacy Leo Prime/Nemesis Leo Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by klystron View Post
    I'm really annoyed that I've been put into a position to chose either to possibly miss ER Sunstreaker or pay a premium/inflated price.
    You gotta get him klystron, he's there in your thumbnail! But, yes, this whole wave 3 business is rather annoying (for you, me, JJJ and many others), especially after walking past a million Ironworks.