Page 169 of 183 FirstFirst ... 149159164165166167168169170171172173174179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 1830

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Man I hate it when Amazon emails me between midnight and 6am alerting me of certain items being available via the US, only to be gone by the time I get a chance to click on the link!

Was advised the earthrise Coneheads were available at 2:15 this morning and obviously they are gone now!!

Same thing HAS happened with Studio series Prime No.44 on numerous occasions!

Quote Originally Posted by nalops View Post
    In my pursuit of secondhand Transformers on Gumtree and Facebook, I've realised there's something that annoys almost more than anything else: bad postage quotes.

1 seller on Gumtree wanted $30 for postage. It was a Xiaomi Soundwave and no way would it be close to that. Just didn't even respond.

Another seller on Facebook who, when asked how much postage was, just said 'I don't know'. I said, 'no worries. Thanks anyways,' and didn't pursue it further. At least say, I'll get a quote/ask post office or something....
    Surely everyone knows postage is $8.95 minimum. As a seller not knowing that to tell a buyer seems stupid

Got my TFA Blitzwing out for a photo last night and his plastic helmet felt slimy and what looked like rust stains on it.
    Gave it a clean but something to keep an eye out for.

In my pursuit of secondhand Transformers on Gumtree and Facebook, I've realised there's something that annoys almost more than anything else: bad postage quotes.
    Eep. Another reason why I prefer to buy my TFs first hand. :/

1 seller on Gumtree wanted $30 for postage. It was a Xiaomi Soundwave and no way would it be close to that. Just didn't even respond.

Another seller on Facebook who, when asked how much postage was, just said 'I don't know'. I said, 'no worries. Thanks anyways,' and didn't pursue it further. At least say, I'll get a quote/ask post office or something....
    Quote Originally Posted by SMHFConvoy View Post
    That tablet soundwave would be $8.95 postage Australia wide, it's definitely 500g or under. Probably either overseas, only say that because Gumtree is part of eBay.
    Unfortunately many use the postage costs as a way to make the bulk of their profit. eBay and presumably Gumtree (?) take a cut only from the list price, not the shipping quote, which is a way to get around paying much in fees. I wish there were more means to report listings with exorbitant shipping costs, but it doesn't seem to be really going away anytime soon.
    Seeking the Following:
    - CW Brawl
    - Earthrise Runabout
    - Earthrise Thrust

Quote Originally Posted by Bidoofdude View Post
    Unfortunately many use the postage costs as a way to make the bulk of their profit. eBay and presumably Gumtree (?) take a cut only from the list price, not the shipping quote, which is a way to get around paying much in fees. I wish there were more means to report listings with exorbitant shipping costs, but it doesn't seem to be really going away anytime soon.
    Ebay (at least) have been taking a cut of postage costs for quite a few years now. Which is a bit of sham seeing as they are in no way involved with the postage of the item for most sellers - unless they specifically use Ebay postage labels.

I personally hate the ebay Global Shipping Program. While it doesn't overcharge for postage, it forces people to use the fastest postage possible therefore making it rather expensive to buy items from overseas.

I would rather save $20 or $30 and wait a couple more weeks to get my Transformer.
    I have a list of all G1 characters that have been released in CHUG form. You can find it here. Please feel free to let me know if I got anything wrong so I can fix it.

Ebay owns Gumtree. Gumtree is free last i used it but used more at your own peril.

When I search for Transformers on facebook there is a local seller who sells Transformers from the Netflix series for an approx 50% markup. I noticed for Wave 1, about the first time they were on shelves and locally they sold out quickly. I missed out but noticed this seller had them on facebook at a markup. Now Wave 2 has shown up recently and by coincidence the seller also has these for sale now. This person is an obvious reseller. I can understand if the person imported these and is selling off extras, or if the stock is from 6 months ago, or if the stock is plentiful on the shelves, but the Netflix releases have been rare. He is also selling some much older stuff, and some older siege figures. Anyway sorry if some locals miss out the Netflix releases, cause maybe someone is not enjoying them strictly for collecting. Hope I'm wrong.

Its the world we have made.