Page 171 of 183 FirstFirst ... 151161166167168169170171172173174175176181 ... LastLast
Results 1,701 to 1,710 of 1829

Thread: Transformers Venting thread!

Quote Originally Posted by Flukey View Post
    Man I hate it when Amazon emails me between midnight and 6am alerting me of certain items being available via the US, only to be gone by the time I get a chance to click on the link!

Was advised the earthrise Coneheads were available at 2:15 this morning and obviously they are gone now!!

Same thing HAS happened with Studio series Prime No.44 on numerous occasions!
    FMD..I've been sent three emails today notifying me, at different times of the day, that Transformers Toys Generations War for Cybertron: Earthrise Voyager WFC-E27 Seeker Elite 2-Pack Action Figures being available on amazon and amazon.au and each time I have been doing things, this morning I was down grabbing a coffee and just now I was putting the kids to bed and and even being 10 minutes late she's gone already!!

I guess those are the joys of this hobby!!

Listening to Radio Free Cybertron and listening to the hosts talk about how the Netflix figures are stuck warming shelves, while they flew out the door here how Hasbro AU had only managed relatively limited stock because of the order numbers that Walmart initially put in.

My Generations Selects Centurion came missing its radar dish for Trailbreaker.
    Willing to swap for one of the Energon Cubes or little Optimus Prime figurine (for use with HasLab Unicron) in case anyone is interested.

Kind of venting on myself this evening and The way this Hobby has taken hold of me over the last couple of months!

Dont get me wrong, Im really enjoying being a big kid again and I love the smile it puts on my Little Boy and Girls face when they get to play and hold the figures

But I feel that when I see sales, certain figures at the right price or new releases are on the shelves, if I dont grab it now and then, I'll miss out and kick myself down the tack having to go the expensive route...I think that's my impatience to wait things out kicking in!

And because of this, have I mentioned how much I hate exclusives HA!!

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    There are so many better ways to reduce the cost of toy collecting without inconveniencing other collectors.
    I don?t want to steer this too far off topic (this is for venting, dammit!), but kind of curious what those ?better ways to reduce the cost of toy collecting? might be? Short of signing up for a retailer account through a toy distributor like EntertainmentEarth, I can?t think of any way to reduce the cost. Especially if you?re paying retail (unless you mean things like store discounts or cash back schemes?)

I?d seriously considered doing just that - opening a business ($79 gets you an ABN these days) getting a retailer account and importing exclusive items (like generations select) that I know we won?t be getting at retail. Buy a case, take one for myself, and then flip the remainder (even if at a slightly lower price than I paid for, if it discounted mine and helped others out). But its the darn shipping that?s so expensive these days (at least for a consumer account - maybe they offer discounts for their wholesale clients?). Likewise importing toys direct through companies like RK, the bloody shipping.

I?m spending a fair proportion of my somewhat limited budget on JUST THE SHIPPING- NOT THE TOY ITSELF.
    It?s getting so bad that I?m only ordering relatively small lightweight toys because anything bigger I?m going to get reamed by the cubic/volumetric shipping pricing.

I miss the days when surface mail was a reliable option, and you could save money if you weren?t impatient.

Anyone with solutions, I?m all ears.
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Where are you buying your figures from, Reilly, that hurt so much with postage?

Who told you that an ABN is $79? They're free.

With so many exclusives lately, shipping has become major part of the cost especially if you want tracking.

(It's the business name registration via ASIC that incurs a fee - yearly or every three years.)

Scalpers complaining when you point them out
    Theres people on Facebook who have bought 8 netflix bees to sell on ebay for inflated prices to ‘buy things at ebay prices’ and another one complaining no one wants to spend $50 on a $29 toy

Like it’s not even a 3 month old toy

Blame the people that keep scalpers in business.