New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

So did the stuff arrive Mr 5FDP?

Nope, still hasn't shown

I logged a dispute last Sunday (which according to eBay was the last day I could do so) and immediately escalated it to a claim. Waiting to hear from Paypal now.

Not sure how good my chances are as I have read if the seller provides a tracking number Paypal will almost always rule in favour of the seller.
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Nope, still hasn't shown

I logged a dispute last Sunday (which according to eBay was the last day I could do so) and immediately escalated it to a claim. Waiting to hear from Paypal now.

Not sure how good my chances are as I have read if the seller provides a tracking number Paypal will almost always rule in favour of the seller.
    Only if the tracking shows that the item was delivered. I reckon you shouldn't have any problems claiming your money back. If the package ends up at your doorstep in a few weeks, you can simply send the money to the seller again.

I really feel for the seller though. Based on the info you've provided, I think he's just been let down by the postal services. Sea (snail) mail should really be phased out for regular private mail. It was ok back in the 1800's, but not anymore.

Yeah, I feel sorry for him as well. When logging a dispute it sends an email to the other party. I made it clear to him that I don't hold him accountable and I still intend on leaving positive feedback (he's already done the same for me).

So, does a successful claim involve Paypal invoicing the seller to get the money back? I assumed this would be coming out of Paypal's pockets, sort of like an insurance claim
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Nah I'm pretty sure paypal just debit that amount from him. Anywho, I guess there's a lesson to be learned here - you gota go airmail with Canadapost.

So... I got my refund. They (Paypal) actually do get your money back from the seller. It took the seller all of a couple of hours to email me after he received the same notice. Pity he wasn't as quick on the 'reply' button while we were actually dealing with each other. And still no sign of a package
    New Acquisitions:
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks

Is there a postage requirement for not receiving the item? Just tracking? Or need it insured?

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by jazzcomp View Post
    Is there a postage requirement for not receiving the item? Just tracking? Or need it insured?
    Tracking and insurance are normally encouraged.

However I have done a lot of claims of non insured or tracking items.

For example, I had a lousy French seller on Ebay who sold me a VF-25F Macross armour since 23rd of Sept, he delayed 5 days and his communication is extremely slow.

It is now the 20th Oct, almost a month and still no sign of it. Lancelot and myself were chatting about these Macross Valks for a very long time and he knows I bought my valk a week later or so after this armour and yet the valk had arrived from Japan and this is still waiting.

I have launched a dispute "just in case" the item for dispute missed the deadline.

Overall Ebay has ups and downs but most of the time my arse is covered.

I do not know how Paypal will work well with other online stores though.

Since most claims are thru ebay, does paypal protect non-ebay personal transactions as well?