Page 12 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast

Thread: The Video Game Acquisitions Thread

Quote Originally Posted by deadonarrival View Post
    Nice pick up double! Indeed well worth the price paid for all those extras.
    Thanks mate! Funnily enough I actually forgot another bonus that was included - Dark Souls post cards! Absolutely loving the game all over again, playing as a Warrior this time which is proving to be far, far easier than my 360 play-through as a Sorcerer. Melee > Magic when it comes to Dark Souls...No one else is playing this masterpiece??

Everything i bought this month

Haven't got it yet, but i cannot wait until i get my hands on rocksmith in a few weeks time. It looks fantastic and I'll be able to learn to play my guitar better. For those who don't know about it, its like guitar hero on steroids. You plug a real guitar into your console and play the actual notes, not buttons. Awesome, awesome to the max.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazza View Post
    Everything i bought this month
    Image snipperoo
    Very interested to hear about Cross Edge. I like my crazy cross over games (still playing Namco X Capcom) and was wondering what this one was like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Very interested to hear about Cross Edge. I like my crazy cross over games (still playing Namco X Capcom) and was wondering what this one was like.
    I'm really enjoying it, i think it's better in regards to gameplay mechanics and story over trinity universe, even though it's an old game. It plays like disgaea/final fantasy tactics which is like a strategy chess like rpg. My favorite thing about it is the lvl up system, where you invest whatever points you gain into the desired skill for your characters.

On another note, picked up "Star Ocean: The Last Hope International" on PS3

The last pre-Foc game I bought was 'Lollipop Chainsaw' for the PS3 - for anyone who knows not of this game I seriously recommend you check out the Valentines and Halloween trailers on YouTube.

My argument is that is absolutely fantastic to see another game where the hero of the game is a woman who is tough, independent and kicks butt. My wife on the other hand says a game where you play as a scantily clad cheerleader who giggles a lot and you get to earn extra outfits (such as bikini's or outfits from manga) does not support the feminist movement.

My rebuttal is - 'but she has a chainsaw!'

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    The last pre-Foc game I bought was 'Lollipop Chainsaw' for the PS3 - for anyone who knows not of this game I seriously recommend you check out the Valentines and Halloween trailers on YouTube.

My argument is that is absolutely fantastic to see another game where the hero of the game is a woman who is tough, independent and kicks butt. My wife on the other hand says a game where you play as a scantily clad cheerleader who giggles a lot and you get to earn extra outfits (such as bikini's or outfits from manga) does not support the feminist movement.

I was curious about this one so I did some googleing/youtubing and have to say that I am not a fan of the stop/start gameplay. It seems to me that you play and mash them buttons, and then the game stops while it shows a car crashing and more zombies etc. I really dislike that and find it off putting. Needless to say, despite the pros of :
    • Chainsaws
    • Zombies
    • Scantily clad cheerleaders,

I will not be playing this one

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    I was curious about this one so I did some googleing/youtubing and have to say that I am not a fan of the stop/start gameplay. It seems to me that you play and mash them buttons, and then the game stops while it shows a car crashing and more zombies etc. I really dislike that and find it off putting. Needless to say, despite the pros of :
    • Chainsaws
    • Zombies
    • Scantily clad cheerleaders,

I will not be playing this one
    Well no, I wont say it is the most playable game I have ever purchased. But after 30 years of gaming, and having some of the most fun and entertaining games at my disposal - from Pacman on the Atari 2600 to Mario Kart on the Nintendo 64 to our beloved Fall of Cybertron on the PS3 - sometimes one looks for a game for one purpose - an unchallenging diversion which is a good chuckle which this game wholeheartedly delivers

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post

I loved this game. It was nothing spectacular for game play or that but was good comedic relief with some of the dialogue and is a great little game for in between major releases.

I got Guild Wars 2 the other day. Enjoying it.