Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152030 ... LastLast

Thread: Bay to do TMNT

It makes you wonder where we would be today if the live-action Transformer movies were cancelled due to negative reception...
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    It makes you wonder where we would be today if the live-action Transformer movies were cancelled due to negative reception...
    I'd certainly wouldn't be here. It was because of the Bay movies that I joined this site, I was into Transformers in my younger years but lived with KOs till I found out there were real toys from ROTF.

Transformers Animated was the back up plan if the first movie flopped. Maybe we'd have season five instead of TF:Prime. Generations and Animated and War for Cybertron toys would be on the shelf and Bumblebee could still speak.

And I believe Ninja Turtles is only on hold because of budget issues not forever cancelled. I wonder of the Turtles in Time costumes are still available? Or the ones from the TV series with Venus De Milo?

It would have continued a similar relatively successful course as the 15 years prior.

The Bay movies did put Transformers in the foreground, that cannot be denied but the franchise was by no means struggling just before that. As Gok would mention, the franchise only came in danger of terminating after G2 but it massively picked up during Beast Wars and was steady since.

I'm trying so hard not to choke on my tongue here...

Bay doing TMNT? Absolutely shocking, even if he's producing it. Come on, TMNT was the hits for me during the 2003 run and the live action trilogy. Obviously... I've got a very bad feeling if he keeps on claiming that they're going to be aliens.

Listen, excuse my language, but... no fucking way!

Aww come on, remember when news first hit about Michael Bay to direct Transformers, and so many fans were negative -- saying how the movies will just be action packed explosions with hackneyed storylines... but look how they turned out!

D'OH! XO

A little to the left... a little bit more...

Great news! The new TV series is enough for me. I don't want another half baked Bay-associated movie about yet another franchise I love (he's already ruined TFs, Nightmare on Elm St, Texas Chainsaw Massacre, and potentially Monster Squad).

Get him the hell away from this good stuff, and let him ruin Bad Boys or Pearl Harbor 2.

Here is a review of Bay's (supposedly aborted) Ninja Turtle script with a link to the actual script:

http://tmntnottant.blogspot.ca/2012/...iewed.html?m=0

In a movie about larger-than-life creatures fighting evil, a stupid-ass teenager and his drama-filled relationship take the front seat. Sound familiar?
    We may not have dodged this bullet yet!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/...a-turtles-film

Since it's ambiguous if Bay's movie has been completely cancelled or delayed, expect the above to change little once the movie actually is released.
    Last edited by kup; 26th August 2012 at 10:08 AM.

Boo!!!!!!!!
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Quote Originally Posted by Trent View Post
    Boo!!!!!!!!
    I really hope it gets permanently cancelled. The 'Colonel Schrader' angle with the Foot as a wing of the military truly sucks balls.

With that and much of the movie revolving around a teen Casey Jones trying to score with April who is just there as the 'love interest', you can see that this would be TMNT in name only.