Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 717222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Thread: Bay to do TMNT

I've seen the odd trailer for the movie. Sorta interested and sorta not. As it is I've missed the last couple of Turtle flicks.

What's with the latest TMNT cartoon though? I saw it this morning - using the TMNT cartoon I grew up with as a reference, Donatello now has Raphael's voice and April O'Neil has gone from a reporter who had a rack so huge it's a wonder she didn't have back problems to a teenager with latent psychic abilities - it totally weirded me out! I will say though, it's the first time that the TMNT have really been obviously animated as teenagers so I thought that was kinda cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BigTransformerTrev View Post
    I've seen the odd trailer for the movie. Sorta interested and sorta not. As it is I've missed the last couple of Turtle flicks.

What's with the latest TMNT cartoon though? I saw it this morning - using the TMNT cartoon I grew up with as a reference, Donatello now has Raphael's voice and April O'Neil has gone from a reporter who had a rack so huge it's a wonder she didn't have back problems to a teenager with latent psychic abilities - it totally weirded me out! I will say though, it's the first time that the TMNT have really been obviously animated as teenagers so I thought that was kinda cool.
    There is a big following for the new Nick Ninja Turtles but I frankly don't see the appeal. I am more of a fan of 2003 Turtles.

I don't think you need to have watched anything before seeing Bay Turtles. You probably don't even need to see the beginning of the movie to follow the plot as there will likely not be any.

New trailer (#3) looks very good, and it would seem that the focus falls a fair part on my favourite turtle!

Megan Fox looks like she will be struggling through most of this film, like a fish gaping on the bottom of a boat.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

i just want some new turtle toys

Quote Originally Posted by i_amtrunks View Post
    Megan Fox looks like she will be struggling through most of this film, like a fish gaping on the bottom of a boat.
    She's eye candy in this movie, nothing more, nothing less. I'm comfortable with that
    New Acquisitions:
    TR Astrotrain, Skullsmasher, & Hardhead
    Scouting For:
    G1 Boxes & Cardbacks
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    [COLLECTION] [CREATIVE] [MK COLLECTION]

Just saw on IMDB that we don't get the movie until September. Kinda suprised we are getting it so late.

Quote Originally Posted by TAAUBlaster View Post
    Just saw on IMDB that we don't get the movie until September. Kinda suprised we are getting it so late.
    For school holidays? Or it could mean they don't expect it to do well. The months before and after Christmas (sept/oct/nov/Feb/mar)are really quiet in cinemas and when the majority of either crappy or smaller movies are released so they don't compete with the big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    For school holidays? Or it could mean they don't expect it to do well. The months before and after Christmas (sept/oct/nov/Feb/mar)are really quiet in cinemas and when the majority of either crappy or smaller movies are released so they don't compete with the big ones.
    As someone who managed a cinema, I can tell you that any time around school holidays is premium when it comes to films appealing to ten year olds.

Definitely a delay because of the school holidays.

Shame really, I refuse to pay premium prices for a month old movie.

Not to mention how many people will download it before then.

Ah, right. I didn't even think about school holidays. :/
    Can't really imagine TMNT doing too well with the younger kids (who go to see school holiday movies) judging by the tone of the movie from the trailers.