Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131828 ... LastLast

Thread: Bay to do TMNT

Quote Originally Posted by kup View Post
    TMNT went away to require a comeback? Wow, I must have gone into hibernation or something for like 20 years as I thought that there was a theatrically released movie only a couple of years ago along with a long running cartoon series and ongoing toyline.

And also, I didn't know that liking Bayformers was a mandatory requirement to enjoying the Transformers franchise.
    Wow that must have been a pretty blockbuster movie, I don't even recall seeing a preview for it at the theaters. Actually I was referring to the amout of attention TMNT is now receiving - its getting a lot more attention many people will feel likes its coming back as it did when it originally was popular.

No you dont have to like bayformers but I don't know how anyone can constantly spill out hate towards them and cannot accept them for what they are.

@Skullcruncher

Sorry if I sounded annoyed but this is the sort of ill informed attitude that was used by Bay and co with Transformers. Their attitude was all about 'This was a dead franchise until Bay picked it up and saved it from oblivion' when the line had been perfectly healthy and successful for about 20 years.
    No apology needed but as above the movies breathed fresh life into transformers no matter what you think of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Wow that must have been a pretty blockbuster movie, I don't even recall seeing a preview for it at the theaters. Actually I was referring to the amout of attention TMNT is now receiving - its getting a lot more attention many people will feel likes its coming back as it did when it originally was popular.

No you dont have to like bayformers but I don't know how anyone can constantly spill out hate towards them and cannot accept them for what they are.

No apology needed but as above the movies breathed fresh life into transformers no matter what you think of them.
    I guess overwhelmingly negative attention could be seen as positive by some.

BTW, the last Turtle movie was pretty high profile and it had a lot of things attached including merchandising, specials and whatnot. The cartoon series was also well known and ran from 2003 and fairly prominent with attached toy lines that ran for years.

Just because you have not heard of them doesn't mean the world hasn't.

When it comes to "fresh life" for Transformers..all I will say is: Bumblebees for everyone!

Yeah, TMNT did get a lot of promotion. I remember seeing the trailers in cinemas and I did go watch it in a theatre (while on honeymoon ). I found it to be a quite enjoyable film given its young target audience. There were also lots of toys pumped out for it too -- I personally picked up the four Turtles.

I personally wouldn't say the movies "breathed fresh life" into Transformers (I would reserve that honour for Beast Wars*) -- but it certainly has massively boosted the popularity of Transformers and thrust it into the mainstream public consciousness. Sales of TF toys doubled after the 2007 movie came out.

-------------------------------------
    *Transformers was already a popular and successful brand before the movies came along. In fact, it was because of the Transformers' increasing strength that Hasbro decided to have a live action movie made. Beast Wars came along after the Transformers brand had nearly completely died after the fall of G1 and the failure of G2 to adequately restore the brand - about a year after Beast Wars came out Transformers changed from being a near-extinct toy brand to being the 3rd best selling boys' toyline in the U.S. (next to Toy Story and Star Wars).

I guess overwhelmingly negative attention could be seen as positive by some.

BTW, the last Turtle movie was pretty high profile and it had a lot of things attached including merchandising, specials and whatnot. The cartoon series was also well known and ran from 2003 and fairly prominent with attached toy lines that ran for years.

Just because you have not heard of them doesn't mean the world hasn't.

When it comes to "fresh life" for Transformers..all I will say is: Bumblebees for everyone!
    Dunno, I just did a quick survey in my work place of 9 people, only one person knew there was a tmnt movie in the works yet 8 people remembered the original turtles cartoon and only 1 knew it had been continuing over the last few years.
    Please forgive me for not knowing there was a cartoon series in 2003 -
    at that particular time I was at uni, studing and enjoying my time with uni related activities the last thing I would want to do is concern myself with any cartoons.

Stating that someone hasn't heard of something but the world has is quite offensive, but actually in this case laughable considering I'd consider myself quite active in the world. If you want to get personal please continue.

Yes we know bumblebee is everywhere.....whats your exact point? Kids, Mums and dads can easily identify him. If it wasn't bumblebee it would be a different character.

Quote Originally Posted by GoktimusPrime View Post
    I personally wouldn't say the movies "breathed fresh life" into Transformers (I would reserve that honour for Beast Wars*) -- but it certainly has massively boosted the popularity of Transformers and thrust it into the mainstream public consciousness. Sales of TF toys doubled after the 2007 movie came out
    Well you've been keeping up with transformers since day 1 so I can see your point. But to me who had nothing to do with transformers since g1 ended it gave new life to my interest in transformers.

And also, I didn't know that liking Bayformers was a mandatory requirement to enjoying the Transformers franchise.
    I've got some bad news for you Kup. We all took a vote and if you don't immediately profess your undying and all-consuming love for Beast Machines then we're kicking you out of the Transformers True Fan Club (Patent Pending) and confiscating all your Bayverse Bumblebees.

OzFormers needs to implement a 'like' function

Quote Originally Posted by Ode to a Grasshopper View Post
    I've got some bad news for you Kup. We all took a vote and if you don't immediately profess your undying and all-consuming love for Beast Machines then we're kicking you out of the Transformers True Fan Club (Patent Pending) and confiscating all your Bayverse Bumblebees.
    hmmm...I kind of like Beast Machines...

Quote Originally Posted by Skullcruncher View Post
    Dunno, I just did a quick survey in my work place of 9 people, only one person knew there was a tmnt movie in the works yet 8 people remembered the original turtles cartoon and only 1 knew it had been continuing over the last few years.
    Please forgive me for not knowing there was a cartoon series in 2003 -
    at that particular time I was at uni, studing and enjoying my time with uni related activities the last thing I would want to do is concern myself with any cartoons.

Stating that someone hasn't heard of something but the world has is quite offensive, but actually in this case laughable considering I'd consider myself quite active in the world. If you want to get personal please continue.

Yes we know bumblebee is everywhere.....whats your exact point? Kids, Mums and dads can easily identify him. If it wasn't bumblebee it would be a different character.
    Very subjective since some time ago I randomly asked a guy if he knew what Alice in Wonderland was and he only knew the story existed from them Johnny Depp movie

However, based on my little exercise, I am not going to assume that everyone only knows 'Alice in Wonderland' from Johnny Depp and not from Lewis Carol or even the Disney animated movie based only on what whoever is immediately around me knows.

However all this is irrelevant. The last Turtle movie was well marketed and promoted so just because you and your co-workers have never heard of it, doesn't mean that TMNT is not already an active and successful franchise.

However I will agree that TMNT was not as popular as Bayformers:

"In fact, you're more than popular - you're pure lowest common denominator!"
    Last edited by kup; 28th March 2012 at 07:27 PM.

Very subjective since some time ago I randomly asked a guy if he knew what Alice in Wonderland was and he only knew the story existed from them Johnny Depp movie

However, based on my little exercise, I am not going to assume that everyone only knows 'Alice in Wonderland' from Johnny Depp and not from Lewis Carol or even the Disney animated movie based only on what whoever is immediately around me knows.

However all this is irrelevant. The last Turtle movie was well marketed and promoted so just because you and your co-workers have never heard of it, doesn't mean that TMNT is not already an active and successful franchise.

However I will agree that TMNT was not as popular as Bayformers:
    I must of missed the bit where I said TMNT is an inactive and unsuccessful franchise. But I will leave this here as some people will always be over judgemental and overly critical of everything but this is the society that we all live in today.