Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: KO G1 Headmasters Weirdwolf, Minerva, GoShooter

Well I got these a while back ( didn't see it was posted already here).... and well all I can say now that I have them IRL is that Minerva and GoShooter aint fooling anyone even if it's still in packaging.

Also there is NO techspecs, the chast is just plain underneath the liftable design chest. Plastic is good enough quality but not enough that you wouldnt mistake it for a non KO. I got mine from ebay and they are released in Korean Packaging and are sold not as Transformers but kinda like roadbots I guess. Though they hacked up the mold obviously from TFs. Seriously though I would like to get a repro sticker now that I have em.

Seeing that link there though - that seriously overpriced as I got mine ( with shipping cost included) way cheaper - works out to be around $28 each.

So rest assured it will be easy to avoid this for those in the know.
    Some pics hopefully to help you identify them better - if they do sell em loose.

Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Just to clarify, are you saying that the other figures there (eg Nightbeat) are KO too, or originals? I bought a misb Nightbeat several years ago from a seller with a case of them,and it did have the tech spec decoder thing. I do hope it's not a KO, at the time I thought just a Chinese packaging release form nineties
    On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Quote Originally Posted by reillyd View Post
    Just to clarify, are you saying that the other figures there (eg Nightbeat) are KO too, or originals? I bought a misb Nightbeat several years ago from a seller with a case of them,and it did have the tech spec decoder thing. I do hope it's not a KO, at the time I thought just a Chinese packaging release form nineties
    No, the Nightbeat and Siren there are original G1s , they're just there for comparison shots
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Here is the photo from a preorder page for Weirdwolf. So it looks like they're doing repropackaging for this one now too.

Can anyone spot a flaw or difference?

On the lookout for MISB Headmaster Highbrow, Takara or Hasbro. I'm sure I could make you a sweet deal!

Hey Liegeprime,

Those Korean KO minelba and go shooter are pretty cool hey? Nice comparison pics. I got me a set too and the plastic is decent quality and the joints are tight.
    I also really like the shield and sword they gave extra.

However, what is most concerning is that the KO antennas are pretty damn similar to the originals which is great for people who want a temporary fill in piece while you are hunting for the real pieces to complete their loose nightbeat and siren figures, BUT I can see this being misused by scrupulous sellers passing the accessories off as genuine to the uninformed buyer......

if you have time, maybe you can post up a comparison pic of the accessories to let others know how to identify genuine from fake?

It will be a shame if that happens as these are great figures and should be enjoyed for what they are.

Here is the photo from a preorder page for Weirdwolf. So it looks like they're doing repropackaging for this one now too.

Can anyone spot a flaw or difference?

Not sure. but isn't the cardboard between the artwork and window meant to be grey. and the font doesn't look quite right?? and was the name in a different spot before??

Quote Originally Posted by bruticus View Post
    Hey Liegeprime,

Those Korean KO minelba and go shooter are pretty cool hey? Nice comparison pics. I got me a set too and the plastic is decent quality and the joints are tight.
    I also really like the shield and sword they gave extra.

However, what is most concerning is that the KO antennas are pretty damn similar to the originals which is great for people who want a temporary fill in piece while you are hunting for the real pieces to complete their loose nightbeat and siren figures, BUT I can see this being misused by scrupulous sellers passing the accessories off as genuine to the uninformed buyer......

if you have time, maybe you can post up a comparison pic of the accessories to let others know how to identify genuine from fake?

It will be a shame if that happens as these are great figures and should be enjoyed for what they are.

Sure thing, when I get the chance to take happy snaps Ill post em up. The accessories for not Minelba and Nightbeat are a bit easier really to discern but the ones for Shuta/Siren can be tricky

Here's a comparison picture of a (presumably) genuine Hasbro Weirdwolf, which was taken in 2010 and so predates the KO version.

You can clearly see that his 'genuine transformer' rubsign is present, and is missing off the KO. I vaguely recall buying a KO that included rubsigns to place on the toy, but didn't come factory applied. So that is at least one thing to look for if you're in the market for the original.

Here's a comparison picture of a (presumably) genuine Hasbro Weirdwolf, which was taken in 2010 and so predates the KO version.

You can clearly see that his 'genuine transformer' rubsign is present, and is missing off the KO. I vaguely recall buying a KO that included rubsigns to place on the toy, but didn't come factory applied. So that is at least one thing to look for if you're in the market for the original.
    well there you go.. I was miles off... again..
    thanks for pointing the difference out