Thread: CHMS Deep Cover review

Default CHMS Deep Cover review

Picked up one of these and thought I'd share my thoughts.

It's not one of the best CHMS figures and here's why (based on the figure I have):

The arms swing loose off the shoulder piece, so it tends to do this:

Either the wrist or shoulder joint is on backwards, so either the arm tab or wrist tab is visible (this is more a personal bugbear of mine):

I found the wheel-shoulder connections and especially the feet hard to move into position.

There is one spot of bad paint application:

The face is missing some of the details i.e jaw line so it looks he is pouting (to be fair this does give him some character):

The car roof is wobbly and the upper torso in robot mode does not feel as solid as Sideswipe/Red Alert/Sunstreaker

The engine is a very tight fit. The gun won't fit as an exhaust pipe, won't sit in his left hand and has to be jammed into his right.

The hands are a bit loose but not too badly.

So there's nothing irreperably wrong with him, just a lot of relatively minor things, some of which I can probably fix, which add up to a slightly less than enjoyable figure. I don't regret picking it up but it does pale next to the CHMS Seeker figures I have got. It's certainly not the worst (stand up KO Starscream with no elbows and two left hands!)

Thanks for the review, I've been contemplating this guy for some time. At $47 and issues mentioned, I'm going to move this down my priority list. TBH, I was expecting something closed to the quality level of CHMS Sunstorm/Purple Seeker Clones.

I wonder if CHMS Punch/Counterpunch is any better? I had swinging-arm problems with my TFCC Punch/Counterpunch, as well as a mis-assembled head reveal gimmick (fixed). Given that they used the same mould, and price-wise they seem to do well on eBay.

Since my review I have seen new molds have been made of this, so hopefully the issues have been addressed.

If I pick one up, I'll do a comparison review that parallel's the parts you focused on.

Is that punch/counterpunch you mentioned suspectimus of proper head size? I remember the issue with the original legit one being the head a bit puny. Besides ebay, can you pm me your source pls. Ty
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I have the punch figure and that one. Yeah deep cover has problems. But punch is fine nothing to dislike. :-)