View Poll Results: I'm a Transformers fan because of

Voters
45. You may not vote on this poll
  • mostly the toys

16 35.56%
  • mostly the story (comics or cartoon)

6 13.33%
  • the toys and the story evenly (more or less)

21 46.67%
  • I prefer the Machine Men

2 4.44%
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Why are you a Transformers fan?

Question Why are you a Transformers fan?

It seems to me that this forum has become very toy dominated (but so have most TF forums) so I was wondering where people feel they fit.

I know that personally in the last year my toy buying has dramatically increased, but I still think of myself as primarily a story-based fan, but I suspect most people are going to tend towards the toys?

Toys but comics and cartoons come a close second

I'm a Comics fan (though the are has been fairly lean of late) and Animated has suckered me in very nicely.

I am finding myself more of a toy fan than a story fan, but the lack of comics is not helping there.
    Looking For: Wreckers Saga TPB Collection (with Requiem)

Toys but cartoons only apply mainly to G1
    Bah weep graaagnah wheep ni ni bong!

I voted for Story as thats what got me into Transformers originally and I only collect toys of characters I like.

I'm more down the middle.

Although it is mostly the toys....

but, i went for toys and stories as i like some of the cartoons.

The fiction and characters are mostly my primary motivator to collect the toys.

So far the only fiction that I have enjoyed enough to get me to buy the toys are G1 and Beast Wars. As a result I buy toys from those lines or directly related (Classics, Binaltech, MP, etc).

Even though I did not like the Animation style chosen, I had hoped that Animated would be a third fictional linw that I would collect from but that didn't happen.

Started as a cartoons (G1) fan but when I saw the toys, it took precedence. Then Im a comics fan, but then I collect a lot of different titles TFs and mostly DC, ok Vertigo only came of late- limited to Fables. But then, I didnt collect DC heroes figures , only TFs, I have MLs but I dont follow their comics as I find it boring and too complicated with all the versions and timetravelling stuff just knocks my interest out. So Im basically

Toys first, Cartoons second, Comics/fiction third....TFs wise
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

I picked mostly the story, but there are other factors that are behind my interest, such as:

- the overarching theme of good versus evil, that the way forward is not always clear, that it is not always easy to "fight the good fight" (e.g. sacrifice involved)
    - the profiles and background / history of the characters, and of Cybertron itself
    - and good art really helps (e.g. Don's stuff)