View Poll Results: MP11 Starscream - worth buying?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

14 56.00%
  • Only if...

3 12.00%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not interested

8 32.00%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toy Review - MP11 Starscream

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

The problem is TT took cheap shortcuts and not paint Starscream, so by default in plane mode it looks bad as is all grey plastic.

If the done a proper painted starscream, this would have been it.

I still do not like mp-3, the transformation is rubbish and over complicated.

Overall masterpieces have gone down hill as they are not painted.

People who strongly continue to support mp line blindly definitely make it easy for TT to continue to get away with not spending on paint apps. Is a shame, as this is the masterpiece line and I expect the company to take more pride in it than taking short cuts.

I've yet to consider any of the Starscream releases to be a true MP cartoon release. If I could combine the colour of the Walmart MP3 SS with the MP-11 mold then that would be a winner for me.

drifand is offline Rank 6 - Dedicated Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Wiggum View Post
    I've yet to consider any of the Starscream releases to be a true MP cartoon release. If I could combine the colour of the Walmart MP3 SS with the MP-11 mold then that would be a winner for me.
    You nailed it, I was hoping the Hasbro MP-11 starscream/TRU release to be different and had an entire white body.

Unfortunately that didn't happen, and whats more shocking is TRU Australia didn't bother to bring in more like what Sunstorm was.

I don't mind the colour of the grey plastic, as it looks like a good fit to the character model in the cartoon. I'm just a bit annoyed by seeing the swirls from the liquid plastic in the larger parts. A matte finish would have been nice, but having MP11 as is hopefully won't be a deal-breaker.

Besides, it's not as if Takara has never done unpainted plastic before in MPs - Grimlock and Rodimus Prime had large swathes of unpainted plastic.

Megatran Guest

Quote Originally Posted by drifand View Post
    People who strongly continue to support mp line blindly definitely make it easy for TT to continue to get away with not spending on paint apps.
    Outlandish statements like this doesnt help your argument with your peers.

Have you written to TT seeking to understand why they do the things they do, which you don't approve?

Quote Originally Posted by Megatran View Post
    Outlandish statements like this doesnt help your argument with your peers.

Have you written to TT seeking to understand why they do the things they do, which you don't approve?
    Yup.

Options include:
    * Filling in the online survey (see the [i]How to fill in the online survey thread). This survey has been geoblocked as of late last year; I've been told that this can be bypassed via the use of a proxy or VPN.
    * Posting on Facebook; although I have no idea if TakaraTOMY ever reads those comments. I've never seen the respond to anyone's posts.
    * Customer support site
    * Customer call centre: +81-3-5650-1031 (currently closed until 4/1/16)
    * Email
    * Snail mail? This is their old survey address which was supplied on self-addressed survey cards before Takara switched to the online survey. I don't know if this address is still valid:
    JAPAN 〒125-8701
    東京都葛飾区
    青戸4-19-16
    株式会社タカラトミー
    トランスフォーマープロジェクト
    トランスフォーマーマスターピース係行

Be aware that TakaraTOMY staff do not speak English, so direct communication will need to be in Japanese. Otherwise, if you can manage it, filling in the online survey is the best option as it mostly involves clicking on buttons.