Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 27891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Your top 3!

Quote Originally Posted by Kapryiath View Post
    having just had some major hauls, i'm updating my top 3
    1. wfc prime
    2. 2010 reissue predaking
    3 g2 laser prime ( still don't own it but i will soon )
    That's cool
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Now we have a few more new members around i thought we could get some more "top 3s"
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

These 3 bad boys:

Quote Originally Posted by theshape View Post
    These 3 bad boys:

OMG!!! Im bowing to you!
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

Out of those three, Brave Maximus is the best looking IMO - not surprising as it's the most recent version. Takara clearly try to make the mould look better with each repaint -- Grand Max looks better than Fort Max. Fortress Maximus is the most plain looking of the lot... just so much grey. Brave Max's alt mode looks gorgeous, especially with the way they painted the windows to make it really look like an occupied city.

Interesting how theshape has them all displayed in robot mode. I have Fort Max in robot mode and Brave Max in city mode. If I had Grand Max I'd display him in starship mode. But that's just me. (not that I'm likely to ever get a Grand Max )

Yeah i have all my bots in robot mode, always liked them better that way to display

Man this took me ages to think about and I changed about 20 times. Do I go with rarity, size, play ?????
    In the end I went with heart and the 3 that started my chronic addiction to plastic crack : )
    1. G1 Starscream
    2. G1 Soundwave
    3. G1 Sideswipe

But so many others I want to list

Quote Originally Posted by Starscream77 View Post
    Man this took me ages to think about and I changed about 20 times. Do I go with rarity, size, play ?????
    In the end I went with heart and the 3 that started my chronic addiction to plastic crack : )
    1. G1 Starscream
    2. G1 Soundwave
    3. G1 Sideswipe

But so many others I want to list
    thats why i made it 3 :P
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

I still have a relatively modest collection, so it wasn't hard to pick. These three stand clearly above the others as my favourites:

1. Masterpiece Grimlock. A transforming T-Rex. A sweet robot mode. Gold chromed chest. He even has jet boosters in alt mode. A flying T-Rex! No other toy combines so much awesomeness at once. Despite the gimmicks, he's still far and away number one.

2. Masterpiece Coronation Starscream. I've always especially like jet-formers. I have the old Masterpiece seeker mould too, which looks better in jet mode, but you don't buy a transformer to keep in alt mode.

3. DOTM Jetwing Prime. I initially didn't like the look of this guy as much as DOTM Ultimate Prime. After all, transformers are meant to be robots in disguise, and the armed-up jetpack wasn't much of a disguise. Then I saw him on sale a month or two ago for just under $100, half the initial retail price, so I snapped him up. And I'm glad I did. The leg articulation alone makes him more fun to play with than Ultimate Prime. You also get the Buster Prime mould, which is the best Leader Optimus mould we currently have. Now I just have to figure out how to display him in a flying pose.

Honourable mention: Classics Jetfire Prime. OK, this is two figures. And it isn't an official mode. But, both figures are pretty sweet on their own. Even better when combined. This is what finally convinced me to shell out for a Classics Optimus Prime.

Quote Originally Posted by seespotrun View Post
    Honourable mention: Classics Jetfire Prime. OK, this is two figures. And it isn't an official mode. But, both figures are pretty sweet on their own. Even better when combined. This is what finally convinced me to shell out for a Classics Optimus Prime.
    Classics Prime isn't much on his own, but you could put him to good use in another mean -- if you like your bots bigger and to have a little more intricate ingenuity, you may want to look into this guy (but be careful of secondary market prices and KO sellers! ).