Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 389101112131415 LastLast

Thread: Your top 3!

I think Classics Prime is a great figure all on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by seespotrun View Post
    I still have a relatively modest collection, so it wasn't hard to pick. These three stand clearly above the others as my favourites:

1. Masterpiece Grimlock. A transforming T-Rex. A sweet robot mode. Gold chromed chest. He even has jet boosters in alt mode. A flying T-Rex! No other toy combines so much awesomeness at once. Despite the gimmicks, he's still far and away number one.

2. Masterpiece Coronation Starscream. I've always especially like jet-formers. I have the old Masterpiece seeker mould too, which looks better in jet mode, but you don't buy a transformer to keep in alt mode.

3. DOTM Jetwing Prime. I initially didn't like the look of this guy as much as DOTM Ultimate Prime. After all, transformers are meant to be robots in disguise, and the armed-up jetpack wasn't much of a disguise. Then I saw him on sale a month or two ago for just under $100, half the initial retail price, so I snapped him up. And I'm glad I did. The leg articulation alone makes him more fun to play with than Ultimate Prime. You also get the Buster Prime mould, which is the best Leader Optimus mould we currently have. Now I just have to figure out how to display him in a flying pose.

Honourable mention: Classics Jetfire Prime. OK, this is two figures. And it isn't an official mode. But, both figures are pretty sweet on their own. Even better when combined. This is what finally convinced me to shell out for a Classics Optimus Prime.
    Nice picks
    Follow me on twitter:
    @Kal_ElofKrypton
    @Soundwaves_cast

My three are a bit random.
    First is G1 Brawl. I don't know why i like him, he's not fancy or big or anything. He's just one of those ones i look at and go "he's cool".

The second is G1 Devastator. Who doesn't love six robots who join to form one massive robot? I like that you can still clearly see all his component robots. He looks like in the cartoon.

The third only arrived a few days ago and was not originally meant for me. RTS Turbo Tracks is awesome! He transforms well, is very poseable and pays homage to the original (he only just beat out Generations Dirge).
    Spiderken Away!

Hey I know that Tracks Ummm did you pull his legs down? looking a bit short.

Quote Originally Posted by SuspectimusPrime View Post
    if you like your bots bigger and to have a little more intricate ingenuity, you may want to look into this guy
    The City Commander armor makes for a sweet Ultra Magnus, but the price has been prohibitive for me. Combined with a Henkei Ultra Magnus, the price works out to roughly an MP-08 Grimlock. For now, I'll just have to admire from afar.

Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    Hey I know that Tracks Ummm did you pull his legs down? looking a bit short.
    Done now, they cam down more than i thought.
    Spiderken Away!

Been thinking about this one for ages. So many to choose from. Do I go for nice Transformation, looks or fun? What to do.

Finally I think I have come down to my top three. and they are:

These guys.

#1 is Needlenose. For not only being a Targetmaster, but for also being a stand-in Starscream when I didn't have one (which was for ages I was without.) He was also my main leader of the Decepticons forces. Oh and he has a great bio too!

#2 Is Brave Maximus. The Korean version though. For being the biggest TF toy in existence and impressive. Mainly for making me feel like a kid again. I remember after the hour it took me to get him out of his box (Twist ties! I learnt to hate them!), his sheer size and general awesome nature forced me to get out my other toys and have Needlenose launch an all-out attack on the Autobot city. I love the yellow paint that makes it look like there are lights on. It gives a good idea of size.

My wife was shocked in seeing me have a full on play like a kid. Something which I hadn't done since I had met her and for at least good 5-8 years. It was a joy to behold. It still freaks her out a little bit when I drag him out now. But I don't care.

#3 is.. Can you guess. even though there are 4 TFs in the picture, there are only 3.

That's right, it's Omega Prime.

This guy is here for being a cool looking robot, two pretty good toys when apart and mainly for getting me back into transformers again. I went off TFs after the Micromasters a bit and interest waned. Beast Wars didn't really interest me, I thought they were rip off figures. But I had a friend at work and her nephew was watching the RID show, she mentioned that Optimus and Magnus combined. A mate at work (as we all were at the time) Said "What' he called? Kick-Arsimus Prime?" And the thought of Prime and Magnus made me hunt them down like a man possessed. And I was back into Tfs, coz I thought they were pretty fine indeed.

Honourable mentions go to Cosmos, for being the first, Optimus for giving my Autobots a base until Max came along.

I think I spy Motormaster there in the first pic too Tets or was he just photobombing ;p
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]

Quote Originally Posted by liegeprime View Post
    I think I spy Motormaster there in the first pic too Tets or was he just photobombing ;p
    Ha ha ha! Well spotted.

Legend Animated Bumblebee and two micromasters are also in that pic as well. They were helping Needlenose out a little bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Tetsuwan Convoy View Post
    Ha ha ha! Well spotted.

Legend Animated Bumblebee and two micromasters are also in that pic as well. They were helping Needlenose out a little bit.
    now that you mention it, there's that blurry little thing at the right side of the pic - must be the micromasters (combiners?) - I dont think they stand a chance of storming the place, them cannons on Brave max will make short work of em heheheh.

Love Needlenose too, I got mine at a toyfair back in Phils and no one was paying him attention (MISC - well until i got hold of him :P) and he was just Php200 ($1 = around AU$ 35 -37 back then) so grabbed him and went home all happy that day... I had to look him up though coz I wasn't familiar with him that time, I was more of I get a figure when I like how it looks kinda collector. Not really much of a collector at all .
    Wanted AM partner Vanguard, Myclones Dirge, G1 Victory Leo, e-hobby Dark scream ( the black version), e-hobby Magnificus
    Parts- AM partner Basher-side guns, G1 Actionmaster Elite Windmill's blades[I][B]