Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: 3D Printer/Printing thread

No but the Saturn 2 looks great. Probably can't justify the purchase unless I sell the current one though.

Anyone here have a resin printer that will print some stl's for me and ship for payment? If so, pm me =]
    Last edited by Dkaris; 31st May 2022 at 06:32 PM.
    ~

I can do it if the objects are not too big. I haven't got a lot of resin at the moment.

I (FINALLY!) received a new 3D printer to play with, so I pulled this Ravage project out of digital mothballs. You may recognise it.

I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, even though there is some resin whitening. The main body is aprox 10cm long. There are no joints for it tho.

Which brings us to where we are today...

Very nice. What printer did you get? And care to share the file?

Quote Originally Posted by gamblor916 View Post
    Very nice. What printer did you get? And care to share the file?
    I took your advice at pre-ordered the Phrozen Mini 8K last year. It was scheduled to ship in April... And just as it was being dispatched Pelosi visited Taiwan...

The file started as a Maya animation file and wasn't originally intended for 3D printing, so currently it has a bunch of support cylinders running through the middle of an otherwise hollow jaguar. There are still objects such as the missiles and side piping that are single sided, so it was almost suprising Chitubox was able to slice it correctly.

If you want to deal with a half-assed 3D file, PM me your email or something like Dropbpx details.

I know I'm going to be needing to pick your brains to get better results...

Nice choice! The detail should be phenomenal. I can't help you with settings for that machine but I can give pointers on supports and design for print. PM sent.

That's so cool seeing your signature pic come to life! It's a good looking Ravage figure.

Thinking of picking up a photon mono 4k. Anyone have any experience or opinion on it?
    ~

Quote Originally Posted by Paulbot View Post
    That's so cool seeing your signature pic come to life! It's a good looking Ravage figure.
    Thanks a lot, Paul. Yeah, so now Ravage is here watching me constantly. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Dkaris View Post
    Thinking of picking up a photon mono 4k. Anyone have any experience or opinion on it?
    I've owned six Anycubic printers. The last one (Kobra Max) is the only one that didn't have any problems straight out of the box. It's kinda like playing Russian roulette, except five of the chambers are loaded.

Try asking on the Anycubic Facebook group about it. My Anycubic Photon S is still fine after about three years.

The bad thing about resin printers is that the screens don't last that long and will eventually need replacing. This was rather difficult with the Photon S.

Try watching a few YouTube reviews, and realise that using resin printers means dealing with a lot a nasty chemicals. And resin isn't cheap.